Yes
light playing
IMG_61462decricportriat.jpg

IMG_61472decricportriat.jpg

IMG_61762decricportriat.jpg

eyes are oof ???

you cant see diff light on the subject face

Last edited:
#1 - Too much light, it just looks overexposed.

#2 - Not enough light, looks underexposed

#3 - Sort of a Halloween lighting effect, is this what you were after?

To me, the eyes are out of focus on all three and this makes the whole image seem soft. Just my opinion of course.

on 2,3 was looking at trying to give them a shady look,
but total fuxxxx it up

The lighting is quite interesting on the 1st of the second lot but there still appears to be focus issues. Looking at your EXIF, you should be getting enough depth of field at f8. Are you hand holding? It could be camera shake, trying a tripod and cable release may help.

Are these self portraits?
ie: Are you guessing the focus on trial and error? Best to stick something in the spot you're going to be and focus on it.

I agree the first of the 2nd set is the only one that merit's and more work but needs focus fixing.

yes there of my son,cant do any more pic's tonight as he saw the camera coming out and legged it out the piggin door, kids eh? lol

I'm going to say that I actually quite like them, especially the last three. I can see what you've been trying to achieve and you ALMOST had it. Perhaps do a bit of sharpen to them all and it'll have that "look" about them, if you know what I mean?

thanks guys, nope think its time to get ma eyes tested, i did 4 pic of wife eyes,on manaul,then 4 auto, could see a clear diff
especially the last three. I can see what you've been trying to achieve and you ALMOST had it. Perhaps do a bit of sharpen to them all and it'll have that "look" about them, if you know what I mean?
think it was sort edge lighting to it,so one side of face would be in the dark

square crop is in order

????

Last edited:
Kudos to you for keeping on trying, that's the name of the game to get things right, and you're certainly improving. I like these last three :clap:

i didnt even think to crop them was so intent on focusing on the eyes, then just resize an posted on here

Much much better. You may want to desaturate a little as the face is looking a little red.
thanks for the explaing-help fab, think he bit consitpated

nope had a play too,thinking how to desaturate,

so gotta jungle -death look instead, what a bit of art there ??
ricsqsharpcopyplay.jpg

he said "funny"
and pefers the dead look.

no sense of fun eh, lol

Back