playing 3d films

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Does the player need to be 3d enabled... for example

My dad has a state of the art tv with 3d .... he has a bog standard dvd player.... if he puts a 3d film in will it work ... or does the player need to be 3d..

No i cant just try it .. will need to buy him a 3d film and take it 30 miles to him.... wanted to know what the chances of it workign was first :)

Hard to get my head round this as I used my phone to connect it to the internet and play a 3d trailer and that worked.. my phone isnt state of the art so the tv must have rendered the 3d i presume?

To play true 3D on his tv he will have to buy,as i said an 3D blu ray player,all new blu ray players now have 3D playback build in,have a look at say Riches sounds for prices :)

I will tell him he needs to buy one then... thanks :)

He'll need a high speed HDMI cable as well. A standard HDMI cable can't cope with the data traffic needed, as I found to my cost.

Watching 3D films makes feel quite nauseaious, he might need a bucket too ;)

Oppo do fantastic bluray players which also sound very good with CDs. And not just that, they also have some of the very best up scaling available to consumers to make his old DVDs look fantastic on the fancy telly. Well worth the investment if you have a great quality tv.

Watching 3D films makes feel quite nauseaious, he might need a bucket too ;)

I turned off the Hobbit after 10 mins because the 3d was horrible. Properly made stuff (anything with David Attenborough in...) is amazing though.

I still get excited by watching Avatar on a 3D Blu Ray....The very best so far has been How to train your dragon. Absolutely brilliant.

I thought the great 3D revolution had died in infancy, again?

At home anyway.

Last edited:
I bought a 3D telly few years back, bought about 3 3D films on blu ray but now I dont even think about it when renting or buying, I just get bog standard 2D all the time. So for me the 3D revolution is over.

Back