Playing with a postoffice door.

A very grand door for a post office.
It would have been better if you could have got more in..
If you could not have gone further back, you could have taken more shots and made a stitch so that you could have had a better choice for your crop.
It would have sorted the verticals at the same time.

A bit more of the building may have been better, would have liked to have seen it in colour.

Excellent subject and very well suited to a black n white conversion.

As said above, the verticals need and could be easily sorted in post processing, or if you have the opportunity to go back, take a step ladder with you to get a different height perspective which may remove the need for any post processing?

In the second and third shots, you have replicated one half of the surrounds - I would have been tempted to have cleaned up the wall graffiti / loose dangling wire - I do like these and would also be interested to see a colour version which may show off the leaded lights to their advantage .:)

Thank you for the remarks.Perhaps i should have used my 28-70 mm instead of the 14-24mm.Picking the right spot as not possible .It would end in the first aid (or one floor below). Next time i'm in Arnhem i'll have a other go.
BTW..There seems to be a picture of this door with a British anti tank gun sticking out.

I like it, although the B&W conversion looks quite sepia.. might be better with a more contrasty B&W conversion.

Back