Playing with infrared

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Always converted my IR shots (the few Ive done) to B&W but fancied a go at keeping some colour. Either of these float anyones boat?

full size

full size

thanks
Steve (y)

I think that both of these are very good and work very well! They look fantastic with the colour left in! Are these filters, or generated through PS. Or maybe do you have an IR sensor in one of your bodies?

I REALLY like both of these !
I have recently got hold of an IR filter - do they come out something like this then or do you need to do it in PS ?? What settings did you use if you dont mind me asking (no exif viewer i'm afraid)

Superb colours - Definately suits these. Don't wish to sound repetitive but are these with a IR filter or dedicated camera? Awesome shots, Love them :clap:

Theyre with my D200 and a Hoya R72, I read somewhere that the D200 was rubbish at IR??? Not too much PP work really, just a massive shift in white balance, I think next time I go out im going to set a custom white balance to save messing later. 1st one had the red and blue channels swapped in PS, the second one, which I prefer was just white balance and a few tweeks in lightroom.
thanks for the comments (y) quite enjoying the whole IR thing

thanks again (y) settings wise, the seconn was ISO 100, 140seconds @ f5.0 , the filter ive got only fits my kit lens (wanted to try it before blowing alot on a 77mm filter). I think the reason people say the d200 is bad at IR is down to needing such long exposure times, you can see a bit of movement in the top left of the second which wasnt intentional but I aint going to get no wind over for two minutes. I think the 1st was a 30 second one with higher ISO.
cheers
Steve

Back