Playing with the Focus

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a go with an old photo of my Focus taken at Ford Fair last summer.

Basically I've added some blur to the background and (obviously) pulled the B/G to black & white...

I quite like it (looks good non compressed), does it work ?

b_w_small.jpg

Steve

i like the backdrop being black and white, but I think the Bluring has gone a little too far, the fact that the grass next to the wheels is blurred makes it stand out that its been photoshopped.

Try bluring the background but not as much and keep the foreground (grass area) in focus to match the car.

Are you a member on STOC?? I used to be there, didnt make it onto the stand last year though.

Are you a member on STOC?? I used to be there, didnt make it onto the stand last year though.

Yep, I'm the "Regional rep" for London & South East...

And I see what you mean by over doing the blurring...

Steve

Oh cool, I saw simon coming back from 'The Fast Show' last sunday, think he was gonna get my log in activated as it cut me off when my membership ran out lol. my username was Demon_dal on there.

I quite like that - its a good idea.

But (ha - there's always a but) front N/S looks a bit odd - selection issues?

And the reflections in the O/S panels don't help either.

On the plus side - super sharp and I do like the starburst at the front

Nice idea as stated a little over done and the reflection does take from it im afraid.

I agree with mobilevirgin about it being a nice idea but i think its probably the wrong shot to do it to and a little overdone. I reckon a shot without the noticeable reflections and it'll work. Its kind of half way to the forced DoF to make shots look like toy models.

Cheers

Nat
B->

Back