Playing with water!

Edit My Images
Yes
What with the rubbish weather this weekend and the kids being ill, what better way to pass the time while the washing machine is finishing than to take pics of water!

Found it quite hard getting the focus right on these, plus I kept getting a nasty white spot from the flash but these were the best of (approx) 100 shots:

(click for bigger versions)

C&C welcome (y)

oooo...I like! Lovely shots - I tried similar before and trying to get water splashes etc, it never worked too well. Those are just spot on!

What did you use as backdrops? or are those just natural locations around your house?

i really like those richard the 2nd is my fav closely followed bt the 3rd..will have to try catching some of those myself as i love the effect..(y)

sorry it was me - Those are FANTASTIC ....What gives the oramhe colour in the alst shot ? Is it actually an Orange? Can't quite make out the image ..

AHA! cheers I see it now - yeah it is an orange! brilliant idea!

I have tried this so can appreciate how difficult and frustrating it is! Love the colours in the 2nd shot.

Thanks everyone :)

Backdrops:
First one is a big piece of card (available from WHSmiths for about a pound :) )
The second one is a washing up liquid bottle, a FruitShoots bottle and a handwash dispenser, just standing next to each other.
The third one is a picture of an orange on the side of an Asda orange juice carton.

It is great fun, but can be frustrating at times when it doesn't work :bang:

I love shots like that - brilliant!

Those are fantastic Richard! I particularly like the simplicity and striking colour of the third one. The simplicity of the fact that you can see what the image is, and it smacks you in the chops as soon as you see it....hehe

Very impressed. Care to share how you did it? Did you just use water, or did you use...is it Glycerol or something?

It is #3 for me. The capture of the orange in the drop is really great!

It's just water from a running tap in the kitchen. Just slow the tap down enough so that it isn't a continuous stream, position something colourful on the side of the sink and snap away.

I had the camera on Manual, 1/200s and varied the aperture between 2.8 and 11. Flash was a 430EX just on auto settings. As I said before the hardest part is trying to focus. I'm not sure if it's the lens but it seems to have a lot of trouble locking on, and when I tried manual focus they were even worse :(

Still... got about 6/7 decent shots out of 100, and it was fun :)

really nice, that is so much more difficult than it looks.

Very nice Richard, having played with this myself I know how difficult it can be. The third one is my favourite, quite similar to this shot I did last year:

Water-12th-Feb025.jpg

Like you I had trouble focussing and in the end I used manual focus and held the tip of a pencil under the water stream/drips to get it right.

John heads to kitchen clutching various items of fruit.....

Stunning shots!

I have got to find some lemons and try this! I see a new Avatar in the making :D

These are all great, will have to consider trying something like this dont know how I would do though.

Fantastic shots! Seems like a nice way to pass some time when its hosing down! Mind you if my missus found me taking pictures in the kitchen sink she'd probably call in the men in white coats & have me sectioned :wave:
Paul (y)

Would I need a macro lens to take shots like these or could I get away with using my Tamron 55 -200.

or is the answer just try it and see.

These are really great shots. I really llike no 3 too, it's really striking. Hacker, I think your one is fantastic the reflection of the oranges is really well done.

I'm loving all the images although number three in particular. Great images mate. :)

Blackvault

Back