Please advise!

Edit My Images
No
A warning has been issued for this post
Hello. I know I should Google but at short notice we are off to Elan Valley and stopping nearby for a night. Any advice on where best to see waterfalls and short dog walks please? Secret and quiet places. Any advice appreciated.

MOD EDIT: TO THE OP, PLEASE DO NOT DELETE POSTS TO DISRUPT THREADS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I wanted to be more helpful, and "advise", but I was still bitter over the thread title.

Thank you but trying to delete profile and thread as leaving site. When post just get childish humour or 'Google it' kind of comments so not the right site for me, sad to say.

Last edited:
TP has no provision for closing your 'account' and deleting threads as such. Just stop logging in and posting if you don't want to be part of the forums any more. There used to be a policy of no 'goodbye' posts but I think this has been modified, and it's fine to say au revoir because you're moving on, providing you don't fire a final salvo!

It's really up to you. These are interweb forums and lightly moderated, but people are largely free to say whatever they like, within the rules. You can't place conditions on how they respond to your posts.

And thank you for removing the question, so no-one else can help and the thread is useless for anyone researching a similar problem.
:D

you could thank me for restoring it as well ;)

Oh - and as Martyn said, we don't have a facility for deleting accounts - it makes a terrible mess of the database if we do.

Should you no longer wish to be a member, edit your profile to delete all your personal information, deleting the email address last, as this is the "key" item, without which you will no longer be able to log back in.

It does seem a shame however to walk away from the forum purely on the strength of not appreciating someones sense of humour...

Last edited:
Wouldn't you, if your dog was that short?
To be fair we have no real idea how short his dog is? It might be that he previously had a Great Dane so he considers his German Shepherd to be short.

Or indeed, given the brevity of his question it could be that it's not a short dog at all, it might be a short haired dog (he wasn't big on details ;))

It might even mean the he wanted a short walk for his dog o_O, though how we're supposed to quantify that is beyond me.

True, a 2 mile walk for a working dog like a collie would be very short indeed, but try getting a Yorkshire terrier around it...

My yorkie wood walk and walk when it was herding us when I was little. If there was only one person she'd want carried...

The dog in question (I assume) is elderly and can't manage long walks for that reason. See here.

Back