Please ask Sawman ...

I congratulate you for your response, but I am afraid to say the stick you have hold of is being held at the wrong end! :LOL:

I Misunderstood your post in that case. Apologies if that is correct......(y)

If I had any pictures of trees I would gladly post them but what I'm really going to miss are the wonderful pictures of the red squirrels :(

Come back Charile. I still want to hear how the shack is coming along. Don't let one person's over inflated ego drive you away, you've got too many friends here :)

Tree-Gradient.jpg

Log-Bench.jpg

Lake.jpg

Chainsaw art. At some local woodland, these figures are not complete yet, the guy doing them is doing a little more to them each day to complete for Christmas. I thought of Sawman when I first saw them.

Brilliant and thanks.

For a good cause:

Thanks Tom

come back sawman...

Thanks very much.

Great idea, Russel (y)

Hopefully some one that is in touch with Charlie would let him know that there are a goodly number of people who would very much like him back.

Thanks and a great sentiment.

Please come back Charlie

Russell love the willow tree (y)

Dave

Thanks Dave a great effort.

Come back Charile. I still want to hear how the shack is coming along. Don't let one person's over inflated ego drive you away, you've got too many friends here :)

Thanks Grendel for your efforts.

I do hope that Charlie gets the message and returns. He makes a positive difference and we are the worse without that.

It is simply down to the fact that he felt that a certain member can get away with making rude and nasty comments and never get banned and if others made the same comments they would be. That is the reason, and he didnt want to argue any more.

K well he did started it, before you get on your high horse your high horseyness :p Offered advice, thrown back rather rudely. Its not exactly hard to see if you read the thread. Oh and certain members don't get away with it. Certain members get banned for being bad. Easy to forget things when you want to get people on your side :p

Vanilla_Days___Sefton_Park_Mist_VII-20081218-212841.jpg

Got wood?

Well, as the rules state we don't allow goodbye posts, then I don't think it's fair that we should be allowing this to continue to run. As Sawman has declared he's leaving, then there's no point in leaving this open.It's also gone completely off topic as a photo sharing thread.

IMO in that particular thread, it was Sawman who started being rude. He posted a thread in a sharing and critique forum, without stating they were 'snapshots', then when pete offered a bit of critique about them, he was told 'I don't care what you think'.

While he'll be surely missed on the forum, it was his choice to leave. If he wants to come back, then he's more than welcome to.

Until then I think it's best if we move on.

And finally, for what it's worth. Yes, Pete can word his posts badly and they do sound abrupt and rude, but I can tell you with certainty theyre not meant with malice.
Personally, while I sometimes cringe at the way he words his posts...His thoughts and critical stance are sometimes a breath of fresh air in a midst of 'great shot' comments. OK He isn't perfect (far from it), and needs to take on board a bit of crit himself, but there are plenty of others on here who could also have a 'I dont like criticism' finger pointed at them.

We're supposed to be here to improve ourselves photographically, why don't we concentrate on that instead of backbiting all the time.

Now that I've had my say. Lets all play nice (y)

*hugs Marcel* Just to clarify that I did receive a yellow card earlier this year and I was later banned / suspended for a day. No-one is above the rules of TP.

It is simply down to the fact that he felt that a certain member can get away with making rude and nasty comments and never get banned and if others made the same comments they would be. That is the reason, and he didnt want to argue any more.

Im sorry he feels that way

however

there are LOTS of members who make comments that are rude, nasty, uncalled for...none of them are banned. Some members behaviour makes my blood boil, but you know what you do? You press the little triangle and the post is reported, if we banned everyone who did something that we didnt agree with, this thread would be a lot smaller straight away!

I did not start this thread as a "good bye" post but as a plea for a member of staff to take a positive action to try and convince Charlie to return to the forum. In respect of C&C, following the comments I did re-edit the images and submit new versions. I admire Charlie and his images; I think the weight of photographs and positive sentiments indicate that a number of other people have similar thoughts about him. I hope he returns.

I'm not sure of the background to this but I have seen and marvel at Pete's photo's. When someone with this amount of talent critique's your shot the recipient would be prudent to listen and take note ..... not that I don't wish sawman back to the TP fold ..... please come back

I have seen and marvel at Pete's photo's. When someone with this amount of talent critique's your shot the recipient would be prudent to listen and take note .....

:puke:

Should we all take a deep breath?

Charlie come back please, you are missed, this thread pretty much proves that. :hug:

Pete, don't ever stop posting advice and do listen to Marcel ;)

Everyone else, huge forum, lots of people, incredibly helpful staff, fantastic membership, lets keep it that way - 'lost' members will return in their own time, active ones will always find conflicts, you couldnt possibly have so many different characters and not have, accept that and enjoy it for it's huge variety.

....and someone pour me a JD please :D

i would add to yv's post, use the ignore function sometimes, it makes a much better read sometimes

Should we all take a deep breath?

Charlie come back please, you are missed, this thread pretty much proves that. :hug:

Pete, don't ever stop posting advice and do listen to Marcel ;)

Everyone else, huge forum, lots of people, incredibly helpful staff, fantastic membership, lets keep it that way - 'lost' members will return in their own time, active ones will always find conflicts, you couldnt possibly have so many different characters and not have, accept that and enjoy it for it's huge variety.

....and someone pour me a JD please :D

:clap::clap::clap:

Out of JD though Yvonne, a large brandy do you? ;)

Last edited:
Charlie there are many of use who would like you to come back and share your photos.

IMG_1544.jpg

i would add to yv's post, use the ignore function sometimes, it makes a much better read sometimes

(y) I was thinking that when I startd typing and by the time I got to the end, forgot, but yes, its there for when its needed.

:clap::clap::clap:

Out of JD though Yvonne, a large brandy do you? ;)

:puke: I can't stand brandy...scotch? vodka maybe? Anything but brandy in fact - I have now finished work till xmas eve, when I am only doing half a day anyway, so have hit the 'chill' button :D

:puke: I can't stand brandy...scotch? vodka maybe? Anything but brandy in fact - I have now finished work till xmas eve, when I am only doing half a day anyway, so have hit the 'chill' button :D

OK, Warninks Advocaat and creme de menthe it is then! Ice? :D

Fabs and Yv, my neighbour and I finished off remnants of bottles of 18 year old Balblair, 16 year old Lagavullin and Glenmorangie over dinner tonight. Some of Charlie's national drink - cheers.

Fabs and Yv, my neighbour and I finished off remnants of bottles of 18 year old Balblair, 16 year old Lagavullin and Glenmorangie over dinner tonight. Some of Charlie's national drink - cheers.

Who's Charlie? :exit:

Charlie there are many of use who would like you to come back and share your photos.

Thanks Mark, there's the odd tree or thousand in Sefton Park. So we might be able to add to the collection tomorrow. And if not there then Calderstones Park.

:cautious: you could have waited till I got up there, a few more miles to southport wouldnt have hurt! :LOL:

I left and came back.

My world was empty without TP.

Seriously, it is better than sex.

(last bit not true).

:cautious: you could have waited till I got up there, a few more miles to southport wouldnt have hurt! :LOL:

Yv, I still have a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year old reserve and a bottle of 16 year old Lagavullin left. You're welcome to share if you are in this neck of the woods (oops, oblique reference to trees ;) ) My wife makes a mean Margarita if that suits you better.

Yv, I still have a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year old reserve and a bottle of 16 year old Lagavullin left. You're welcome to share if you are in this neck of the woods (oops, oblique reference to trees ;) ) My wife makes a mean Margarita if that suits you better.

(y) Great idea, I will bring Pete and Charlie along too, a drink and a chat should solve most problems :naughty: ;)

Seriously, if I had time I might take you up on that offer, but sadly, I have a couple of days to see family and friends and grab some shots of my old home town before heading back south to tie up the strings at work before closing from xmas. :shake: But Thankyou anyway Rus, I shall raise one of many xmas glasses to you (y)

Back