Please can you spare 2 clicks of your mouse? (Need a very quick favour)

6 seconds for first page

18 seconds to first image on 2nd, larger images still loading after 2 minutes when I closed the page.

Windows 8 IE 10 on 3 Mbps connection (no wifi)

2 secs and 4 secs for me on a 20meg connection running Win 7 and Firefox.
Similar on the iphone.
Oddly 4 secs and 2 secs on Chrome (all other things equal).
I'd also like to say how good it's looking Andy.

And all the traffic will help your rankings too(y)

Thanks mate... and sssshhh stop telling everyone the real reason I'm getting people to click the links ;)

That's a joke btw everyone :)

Less than 5 secs for first link, photos were instantaneous. Second link was instant.

Dreadfully slow (on a good connection) - your "web developer" has obviously forgotten the basics of web design - pages should load fast, even for those with a slightly less than the fastest connection - sod's law says the client you really want will be on a poor connection, who will give up and go elsewhere.........

We're all quick to blame the web developer here, but there are some people in here who are having no problems with the site despite being on relatively average connections. If the problems resided with the web development, surely it would be slow for everyone? The images load faster than I can possibly scroll down to view them here, and I'm on an average DSL connection. As for the others who seem to have problems, it could be anything... IP routing, DNS issues... anything. Why assume it's the web design?

I'd be concerned with how fast it is over 3G/4G as that's clearly always going to be the tough nut to crack with a content rich website.

Dreadfully slow (on a good connection) - your "web developer" has obviously forgotten the basics of web design - pages should load fast, even for those with a slightly less than the fastest connection - sod's law says the client you really want will be on a poor connection, who will give up and go elsewhere.........

They've told me to make the image file sizes smaller and put less images on each job so hopefully if I do that it'll run quicker.

Problem is reducing file sizes reduces resolution so it's going to be a juggling act to get it right I feel

We're all quick to blame the web developer here, but there are some people in here who are having no problems with the site despite being on relatively average connections. If the problems resided with the web development, surely it would be slow for everyone? The images load faster than I can possibly scroll down to view them here, and I'm on an average DSL connection. As for the others who seem to have problems, it could be anything... IP routing, DNS issues... anything. Why assume it's the web design?

I'd be concerned with how fast it is over 3G/4G as that's clearly always going to be the tough nut to crack with a content rich website.

That's the odd thing IMO... Some on slower connections are having no issues? I'll try lower res files and see how that works.

It needs to be fast for everyone as anyone finding it slow may go elsewhere and then it's lost business / income

Both pages loaded near-instantaneous but the images in the second link took about 40-50 seconds to finish loading (couldn't be precise because I had to scroll up and down to check whether all had downloaded). Tested again with 'Terry & Mark's' page - similar results.

Tested connection as 13.75 Mbps (give or take 0.05) before and after loading your pages. Wired connection running Firefox on Ubuntu with sufficient hardware; email client and several other browser tabs running simultaneously (as they were when the speed-tests were run).

Given the number and size of the images, I didn't feel that the page loaded especially slow (but not fast either).

8mb line in London with Be-There, using firefox.

It seems to vary for different pictures on different pages. Some load instantly whilst I had to wait up to 30 secs for others.

Almost instant here for both links, albeit on a fibre optic mega quick broadband connection, but Chrome on a Mac if that helps narrow down the issue.

^^THIS^^ Tried on Chrome and Safari - everything was there instantly but my BB connection is also Fibre (currently at 61mb download speed)

Interestingly just tried it at home on the iPad and rubbish 2mb..

Both links the main page loads around 15s. However the images take forever. Plus after about 40s they stop loading completely, no Internet traffic at all. The images just don't load after that. Both links.

Both pretty much instantaneous for me (Virgin 120mb - though I don't often get that speed)

Back