Please don't bite me!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Couldn't believe my luck when I saw this female horsefly drying itself after a light shower. The only time I normally spot the females is when they are trying to take a chunk out of me! This one was very docile though and I did notice later that I have one bite on my ankle so perhaps she was relaxing after her blood feast!

7 shot stack (Zerene) F8
Nikon D7200
Tamron 60mm F2 (on 36mm extension tube)
Nikon SB-400 and Meike 300 off camera
Diffuser

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/vWzNUD']
[/url]

Last edited:
That's a 1st class shot Neil, everything looks so clear, Sharp and perfect. Nowt else to say.

That's a 1st class shot Neil, everything looks so clear, Sharp and perfect. Nowt else to say.
Thanks Graham

stunning!
Cheers Thomas

You're braver than me, they give a mean bite.

The image is fantastic, great detail and lighting.
Thanks Steve

Excellent shot Neil(y)(y)(y)(y) I saw one the other day but I dared to get closer:confused:
Cheers Icy, I've been bitten twice the last couple times i've looked for them!

Simply brilliant.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, much appreciated.

"Excellent" shot Neil, and a good stack.(y)

George.

Not really into macro shots Neil but this is superb. Well done.
Cheers popping over to the macro section and commenting Neil much appreciated!

Really good mate nice stack :D
Thanks Bryn

Stunning image
Thanks Rob

Cheers Matthew

"Excellent" shot Neil, and a good stack.(y)

George.
Thank you George

Thanks

Top shot Neil, EXCELLENT :clap:
Cheers Tony

Stunner - love it :)
Many Thanks Mike

Fantastic macro, the detail is incredible! You must be delighted with this one!:clap:
Thanks Jen, I was rather pleased ;)

Super shot - what type of tree/bush was it?
Thanks Johan, I'm not sure on what type of bush it it but I ofter see the males on the wood fence which is directly behind the bush. They also appear when they bask on a wooden plank outside our back garden, there are fields behind the garden which are often occupied by either sheep or horses.

Thanks Johan, I'm not sure on what type of bush it it but I ofter see the males on the wood fence which is directly behind the bush. They also appear when they bask on a wooden plank outside our back garden, there are fields behind the garden which are often occupied by either sheep or horses.

Thanks Neil, interesting! I have some hardwood benches outside and on one of them, wasps keep walking up and down. Only on the one bench though. They love the sap eventhough we oil the benches every year.

Excellent macro work.
Thanks Steve

those eyes dont look real?
They definitely are Jason!

Thanks Neil, interesting! I have some hardwood benches outside and on one of them, wasps keep walking up and down. Only on the one bench though. They love the sap eventhough we oil the benches every year.
I'm getting a ridiculous amount of wasps on the wooden fence and the bush, never had them like this year before.

Absolutely outstanding shot Neil. So lucky for that opportunity. Well exploited :)

Back