PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU DO STUDIO SHOOTS!!!

Dominic5749

Im bored with it now
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
No
:D:LOL: Right now ive got your attention!

I do some studio work at ..MD.. place and also would like to do some portraits at peoples houses , village halls etc... What I would like to Know is apart from soft boxes what Would I need to get for a really good set up? Have looked at umbrella type flash kit. I will have say £250 - 400 to spend, But sooner mid price than top end unless its a good kit.would like 2 lights and back ground maybe. Money will be short as I got made redundant. But got another job until end of January thanks to being a butcher its busy this time of year.

PS. I did ask ..MD.. But he said to ask all you guys to see what you would recommend.(y)(y)(y)
Thanks all.
:nikon:

:D:LOL: Right now ive got your attention!

PS. I did ask ..MD.. But he said to ask all you guys to see what you would recommend.(y)(y)(y)
Thanks all.
:nikon:

:LOL:

now dom i did give you my thought's on this :nono:

you little tinker..

what i said was i would be interested if others thought the same....

md(y)

:LOL:

now dom i did give you my thought's on this :nono:

you little tinker..

what i said was i would be interested if others thought the same....

md(y)

Yes ..MD.. I know, but looks like no one wants to offer me any advice on a good studio kit anyway! :shrug:

Having recently been through this, may I suggest you have a read here before you go much further.

I've made my choice, it was the other side of £400, but I'm very pleased with what I've got...

Steve

Yes ..MD.. I know, but looks like no one wants to offer me any advice on a good studio kit anyway! :shrug:
Maybe I'm just being thick, but I don't really understand the question:crying:
Are you asking for advice on a specific brand?
On the amount of power you need?
On which light modifiers to get first?
Or are you wondering (gulp) whether hotshoe flashes fired through umbrellas will do?

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I don't really understand the question:crying:
Are you asking for advice on a specific brand?
On the amount of power you need?
On which light modifiers to get first?
Or are you wondering (gulp) whether hotshoe flashes fired through umbrellas will do?

basically gary he has used my kit in my garage and would like somthing of his own .. which he could carry around and possibly use outside at some stage..

i have three lights all very basic and cheap...

and he wants to have his own kit... please help him as my garage is like a train station at the moment...:nuts:

md(y)

Having recently been through this, may I suggest you have a read here before you go much further.

I've made my choice, it was the other side of £400, but I'm very pleased with what I've got...

Steve

Cheers steve, sounds like a good kit. So any chnace of seeing some shots of your set up and any images you have done with the kit? (y)

basically gary he has used my kit in my garage and would like somthing of his own .. which he could carry around and possibly use outside at some stage..

and he wants to have his own kit... please help him as my garage is like a train station at the moment...:nuts:

md(y)
Well, as Jelster Steve will tell you, I very much belong to the KISS school of lighting - there's one sun outside so there's one sun inside. So, depending on subject and preferences of course, 1 light on the subject normally, with reflector fill.
Or 1 fairly hard light with umbrella or softbox fill on camera axis. Maybe a hairlight, but by no means always.
That means that a 2-head kit with reflectors will cover most situations. I recommend any make of lights that have adequate power, good colour consistency and which have a large range of modifiers available.
IMO that leaves a choice of Elinchrom, Bowens or Lencarta. I use Elinchrom & Lencarta, Steve bought Lencarta.
Please see this guide on buying studio lights

md(y)

:razz::razz: Very Funny ..MD..!!!! (y)

please help him as my garage is like a train station at the moment...:nuts:

What full of graffiti and very busy in the mornings ? :D

Seriously, I think the Interfit 150 kit is designed to be portable, but the Lencarta kit I just purchased comes with bags for the heads/accessories and another for the stands. Nice and portable, but a bit heavier.

Steve

Well, as Jelster Steve will tell you, I very much belong to the KISS school of lighting - there's one sun outside so there's one sun inside. So, depending on subject and preferences of course, 1 light on the subject normally, with reflector fill.
Or 1 fairly hard light with umbrella or softbox fill on camera axis. Maybe a hairlight, but by no means always.
That means that a 2-head kit with reflectors will cover most situations. I recommend any make of lights that have adequate power, good colour consistency and which have a large range of modifiers available.
IMO that leaves a choice of Elinchrom, Bowens or Lencarta. I use Elinchrom & Lencarta, Steve bought Lencarta.
Please see this guide on buying studio lights

now thats what the op needed . i personally thank you(y)

and dom you will notice there is one in there i mentioned to you..:naughty:

i only use 1 light myself for subjects the others are purly for lighting my b/g...

md(y)

Well the kit steve has got looks good to me, and as I will be getting abit of a bonus next week for working all the hours under the sun I think I will spend it on lighting:D:D. (Im a butcher so busy atm! Bloody Turkeys and cocktail sausage! :LOL::LOL::LOL:). I can always give it a test at your train station!:D:razz:

What full of graffiti and very busy in the mornings ? :D

Steve

I think he means it smells of Wee and theres a loy of standing around with nothing to do.. :naughty:

I think he means it smells of Wee and theres a loy of standing around with nothing to do.. :naughty:

listen puppies and babies go when they want to

and the standing around .. well i am still learning so i like to take my time

:razz:

ps i hope your arms better for brecon..:naughty:

md:LOL:

Back