Please help....lightroom...help..

Edit My Images
No
It appears due to memory shortage lightroom has started a new catalogue and overwritten all of my substantial previous catalogue work.... i've tried opening the lrcat. file i can find but it must have over written.......please please tell me i can restore the old catalogue i was working on????

i'm pulling my hair out....

cheers

Dan

Dan, did you have LR set up to make backups? If so, you'll be able to revert to one of those. If not, the only hope I think you'll have, is if the newer catalog has a different name, to your previous one.

if Lightroom is backing up for you it should say where its putting the backup exit. It won't be in your most recent list though

i have no other lrcat. files on my PC apart from ones dated 2013 ...if i ask LR to prompt me to open a catalogue when start up it only gives me one option.

Thanks guys i appreciate the support...any other options?

Are you telling LR to backup?. What other backups do you have inplace?

i've somehow got it back!!!! Happy times!!! I'm scared to close LR down now!!!

First thing you need to do, is to setup a backup, so you don't encounter this issue again. Go to your catalog settings and, under general, you'll see the dialogue for backup. Ideally, make sure you do it to another disk, so if your main disk fails you'll still have a backup.

I backup, each time I exit LR, then delete the older backup folders, every now and then.

Last edited:
Back