Please help me - can anything be done?

Name
Lucy
Edit My Images
Yes
:help:

Anyone who's read any of my posts so far will see I am a total and utter novice so I am desperate for help with this and will be eternally grateful!

I have only just got the hang of the basic functions of Gimp (like sharpen, clone etc) and I am really struggling with this one :(

Can anyone tell me what to do to make this shot look anywhere half decent (ie sharper and brighter) to be able to print 5x7? Reason: I want to send my dog's breeder a photo of her with her Christmas card but I don't have the first idea how to process it :confused:

I know the shot could be better (I promise I'm improving :LOL: ) but any pointers to help a total fool like me would be great. Thank you :)

2123193464_e6b08c6e9f.jpg

Do you still have the original file? its not "easy working with a small copy, but here's a quick attempt
It could do with a "severe" crop, boost the levels and a touch of sharpening

2123193464_e6b08c6e9f.jpg

Not really a large enough file for me to work with, But I have tried.
jik.jpg

This one is using the larger file.

2123193464_e6b08c6e9f_b1.jpg

I would say get lower down to the dogs level and get closer to fill more of the frame with the subject.

I have the original yes, it's 5MB hence why I couldn't put it on here.....can email it if you are offering help? :)

I have the original yes, it's 5MB hence why I couldn't put it on here.....can email it if you are offering help? :)

go for it
***email deleted***
just off out but back in a bit I will try then if you can wait an hour or so

Re-shooting isn't an option as last posting day is tomorrow and it's rare that she stands still enough like that to be able to get a repeat shot by tomorrow anyway! :LOL:

I will endeavour to do better next time though! I promise! (y)

I'm sorry natjag but are you Westwood? :LOL: I always think it whenever I see your face through your fingers in your avatar :LOL:

Back