Please help Photo recovery software needed

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Some how someone (who will remain nameless) managed to delete my pictures folder on my PC, (don't ask :bang:) anyway the folder didn't go to the recycle bin and just seems to have disappeared, i've tried doing several searches but to no avail, so does anyone know of any decent software preferebly free, i could use to find the folder and my pics, i've tried sandisk rescue pro but that's only for memory cards and portable USB sticks, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I used Sandisk rescue pro on my hard drive and manage to recover loads of image files.

Yep, Sandisk Rescue Pro works well on hard disks.

I used Sandisk rescue pro on my hard drive and manage to recover loads of image files.

Could you please let me know how you did it, as i've tried twice, i'm obviously doing something wrong :thinking:

Click on 'Recover Photos' button when it asks you to select action.
The next screen will ask you to select a drive.
And away you go....hopefully.

Click on 'Recover Photos' button when it asks you to select action.
The next screen will ask you to select a drive.
And away you go....hopefully.

Yep tried that but when it goes to drive i assume you select the hard drive, but then it goes to everything on there, which is where i'm getting stuck, what do you then highlight :shrug:

The recovery software is attempting to look at a single volume. Hence as the folder and it's contents have been deleted, it will have to scan the whole HD.

Don't know any other way of doing it

Which is why (if I remember correctly) Rescue Pro suggests that a temporary drive at least as big as the drive to be scanned is nominated for storage of any rescued files. It has to assume the whole of the suspect drive may have been deleted.

The deleted folder ?

Can't really highlight it if it's been deleted, unless you mean i type in "my pictures" but will this work ?

it will have to scan the whole HD.

How would you do this, as when you highlight the drive it go's into all the file's in there, if you get my drift :shrug:

If I've read your post correctly, the folder that contained the images has been deleted. I suspect it was to big to be put in the recycle bin hence no trace.

You could try using a restore pont before the deletion, that may recover it but I doubt it (Nothing ventured!!!).

So if the folders gone you can't highlight it so you have to I believe select the root drive, in this case "C".

However I've never had this particular problem thankfully, but I can't think of any other way of doing it. However try contacting the support desk for the software they may have some suggestions.

You might be able to use Image Recall software. Give the company a call and see if their software will recover the images

http://www.imagerecall.com/

I know it's no help now, but it may be time to think of a back up disk for you images.

Did try restoring but it didn't work, i have actually backed up the majority of my photos to another hard drive, just that i had about 50 recent ones i hadn't done which is the ones i'm trying to restore, just hoping someone on here can come up with any more suggestions as to what i could try :)

May I bring to your attention that the more you use your computer the less likely you are of recovering your photos. You should turn off your computer until you have some software and, better still, remove the hard drive and work on it from another computer.

I can recommend www.recovermyfiles.com but I've never tried their free version to know what the restrictions are. If its essential that you recover the photos and you hit a brick wall then send me a pm.

Hope you get it sorted

Try www.Recuva.com
You have to be logged on as an Administrator to select C: but it will just scan the whole drive and let you know what is recuvarable

Back