Please help with Canon and Tamron

Edit My Images
No
I have been given a second hand Canon EOS D60 camera with a Tamron 80-210 CF Tele Macro lens with a Tamron adapter for Christmas.

I am unable to get them to work together, but don't want to upset my other half who bought them for me. Is there anyway for the lens to be made automatic, and is there any additional products i may need. We don't have lots of money to spend, but i am desperate to get it working so we can take some magical pictures of our 10 month old son.

Thanks in advance and hope someone can help.

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte

Sorry to dissapoint, but that lens is an all manual lens. There is nothing you can do to make it focus automatically. Does it actually fit onto the camera?

If it physically fits the camera then put the camera in Aperture priority mode (Av), select the aperture you want by rotating the ring on the lens and manually focus the lens, the camera should still meter ok and shoot ok.

Not a free option but have a look for a canon 50mm 1.8 cost you around 65 New and really will work for the little one all those blurry backgrounds become really easy

jd.smith said:
Not a free option but have a look for a canon 50mm 1.8 cost you around 65 New and really will work for the little one all those blurry backgrounds become really easy

This is what I do but at 1.8 the DoP is tiny and my 10 month old moves out of the focus at a seconds notice!

When it's bang on though its great and the bokeh is lovely.

Thanks for all your help. The lens fits with an adapter but every time I take a picture, it comes up with an error? I have borrowed as mall lens, but would really like a bigger one like this fit close up shots. I can't get too close to my son With it, as he stops what he is doing and I miss the shot. any suggestions to a second hand automatic lens that would be suitable but as cheap as possible?

OK, if it fits then that is a good thing

Set your camera to AV mode on the dial, and you should avoid getting an error when taking a photo.

Back