Please help.

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out and bought me a new printer and some software yesterday. I bought photoshop elements 3.0 When I got home I was happier than a pig in s***,lol. I love me new toys. Well to my dissapointment it wasn't all I had hoped for. It's very complex. I hadn't realised it was this complicated. I found myself a tad overwhelmed. Now I have to figure it all out. I played with a few pics and I think I am making them worse,lol. These bees that I will post up seem to have alot of noise or something wrong with them. I know the focus is soft, besides that though. How did I end up with noise like this, if that's what it is? and how do I correct it. I haven't even got far enough to try the new printer out. Please help.:( what am I doing wrong here?

http://www.thephotographyforums.com/albums/album15/busybee1.jpg
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/albums/album15/busybee2.jpg
Thanks,

Jewel.

Hi jewel. That looks like a 'colorspace' problem. You're probably shooting in sRGB colorspace, and it looks as if PS Elements is defaulting to Adobe colorspace or using some strange profile which is causing severe oversaturation.

I'm not an Adobe user so I can't tell you how to correct this (other than by buying Paint Shop Pro instead :D) but I guess someone here will be able to help. The point is that it isn't your fault - Elements is set up incorrectly. ;)

What Slkstone said Jewel, and post processing IS complex - you're not going to get into it straight away. Congrats on the new kit, you've definitely done the right thing. :) The trick now is to try to be patient and take it one step at a time - you'll get there - fear not! :icon_cool

dunno if its the szme or not, but in CS you have to go to edit>coloursettings, mine is set to European general purpose defaults.

The colours do look a bit weird so I think Silkstone has got that problem identified but the noise seems to me to have come from sharpening. Have you used the Sharpen or Unsharp Mask filter?

do what i am doing, practice, practice, practice, i've been used to Paintshop pro, i downloaded the demon of photoshop CS2, and found it very daunting at first, i started reading tutorials off the net, google photoshop tutorials (http://www.tutorialoutpost.com/photo-editing/ is a good place to start but there are literally hundreds of sites you can choose).
you WILL get the hang of it, probably quicker than you think, most of your photos may only need the levels adjusting, maybe a sharpen etc.
and has been said before, make sure your colour profiles are set right :)

Thanks for all of your help guys. Being patient is not one of my better traits there CT. I get too anxious. I just want to play with my new toys. I don't want to read about them,lol. I guess practice, practice, practice, is all I can do. All in due time I suppose. I shouldn't expect so much my first time playing around with it. Also thanks for the link there Wez, obviously I do need to read up on it some more because I have no clue what silkstone had mentioned about shooting in sRGB means,:p Soooooo whadya mean there Silky? Also I figured I just had to install it on my puter, didn't know I had to make the adjustments first off. I assumed it was good to go. My mistake, tee hee. Not sure if I'm cut out for all this digital stuff. Very complicated. Glad you guys are here to help though, again thanks!

Cheers, Jewel:)

Back