Beginner Please help..

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all...

In 2007 I had a pretty serious work related accident, the list of injuries is endless but there's one in particular that causes me some stress.

My accident left me blind in the left eye, it looks perfectly normal but as there is damage to the optic nerve, it points outwards to the left when people take photos- it happens away from the camera too.

Im after some advice/help if possible, In laymans terms as my ihpone is the only camera I have lol.

My problem is this, ive been with my girlfriend for a while now and we take lots of photos with each other, which I love for the memories and for seeing how beautiful she looks- I always get put off by how my eye looks and it even gives me anxiety in the seconds leading up to a photo....Im wondering If anyone can suggest some angles I should stand at or things I should/shouldn't do? Angles for the photo to/not to be taken from?

It's a weird one but I could do with one or two pointers, Im meeting all my girlfriends family soon at a wedding and there will be lots of photos im sure so Id like to look my best...if that's possible! :)

Thanks in advance,

B

If anyone is in the tiniest bit concerned over looks, you can be 100% sure that they are spending their time thinking about how others see them, rather than what they think of others.

I'm clearly a sufferer of body dysmorphia myself for in my head, I'm an average looking Joe, where as whenever I end up on the wrong side of the camera, I look like a giant gurning sack of spuds. That said, it is the same giant sack of spuds that everyone else sees everyday, and I've not had villagers out with pitchforks just yet, so I tend to stick with what I said at the start.

You could 'perfect' a standard pose that works for you - look to the left or always shoot the right hand side etc, but then all your pictures would look 'odd', so I'd say you're better off worrying less and relaxing (easier said than done I admit, but you have to start somewhere).

Or do what all us here do... be the one with the camera!

Last edited:
Back