Please recommend a developing service

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I have a really nice old Braun Paxette camera which I have been enjoying using.

I wondered - is there a service where I can post away the film and recieve back a CD with my images on? I THINK I saw such a service some time ago but forget where.

I would google it but I am living at my parents at the moment (my boiler has frozen...) so posting from my phone!

Many thanks for any help

ped

Are you shooting colour slide, print or B&W?

What you really want is a develop and scan service

essentially they develop the film, and then scan the print. there are all sorts of resoloutions this can be done at. I norrmally order the smallest service, and then if a particular image merits it, i send it (the developed negative) off to be drum scanned

Thanks Richard - that sounds about right.

I have a 36exp colour film here to have processed and scanned, but from here on I will be using mainly 24exp B/W film.

Who is cheapest and fastest? Seems 30-40 pence per negative is the going rate.

ped

Thanks Richard - that sounds about right.

I have a 36exp colour film here to have processed and scanned, but from here on I will be using mainly 24exp B/W film.

Who is cheapest and fastest? Seems 30-40 pence per negative is the going rate.

ped

Exactly, and if you get a killer shot, paying to have that shot scanned on a drum scanner will feel like you have spent your money wisley

(p.s drum scans can be anything from £20 to £80 per image depending on what resolution you need)

I use Peak Imaging for the initial scans. After that, it depends on what I need/want

Cheers - it looks as though the price is £6.96 for what I need - it doesn't appear to specify the amount of exposures or type of film - is that correct?

It must be.. as I normally send in 37 exposures on a 36 film

If it's nothing too important then I use Tesco's (much cheapness and done in an hour while I do my shopping) for the rare occasions I shoot colour print film but Peak Imaging for important stuff. B&W I do myself.

Back