PLEASE SHOW me some pics from your SIGMA 105mm MACRO

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
As title,

i am thinking of getting one and i would love to see some of you shots with one. How close can you really get with a macro lens espically of WATER DROPLETS.

Also i have seen some bug pictures whereyou can see the texture on the eyes, is this real ( i know it sounds stupid but can you really get that close)

thanks

mark

Here's one I took in the summer with my Sigma 105:

FlysEye.jpg

hi mart61. WOW!!!.

was that straight of the camera at 1:1

No, I think I cropped into the original.

ReflectingFlyFarmed.jpg

thanks, i thought macro would allow you to do the top image but the quality is still good.

how will this compare to the macro feature on my 70-300mm

macro feature isnt true macro mate. i think the 105 will be amazing and i think you should buy it and dont bother with any macro feature lark

All true macro lenses will do 1:1 which means you can reproduce something lifesize on the sensor. Extreme cropping to get close is great for showing online but pointless for prints so bear that in mind if you want to get prints done.

If you want to go closer than 1:1 adding a full set of tubes will get you around 1.8x lifesize on the 105mm or you could go all out and get the MP-E 65mm which does 1x - 5x lifesize but can't be used for anything other than macro.

BTW, photosig.com is a great site for checking shots from different lenses as you can list all the images by lens name, etc.

Maybe not brilliant, but with my Sigma 105. Great lens.

Am_I_too_late_for_the_pie_reduced.jpg

i used that lens in college got loads of pictures
put them on disc and guess what its not working :(

Hi

thanks, anyone else got any photos and or REVIEWS

thanks pxl8 although it would be nice to hear some views although i have already heard a few some of our good TP members

oooh minew got delivered today, hope I can get some shots like the above :)

urrrm how many do you want me to post?

... just remember it takes about as long to focus as a 3 legged tortoise to do the 100 meters. Other than that its a splendid lens.

here goes:

1937694914_fd27eb6116_o.jpg

1936856545_a8bca773b4_o.jpg

1936855411_9e39e47359_o.jpg

1832731516_da808578c4_o.jpg

and its not at all shoddy at "full" size either

261300497_9d6182c015_o.jpg

Extreme cropping to get close is great for showing online but pointless for prints so bear that in mind if you want to get prints done.

Surely that only applies if your going to do large prints, if the printed image is only going to be a 6x4 or 7x5 as part of a set then a crop will not degrade the printed quality anymore than it will an image on a website?

Surely that only applies if your going to do large prints, if the printed image is only going to be a 6x4 or 7x5 as part of a set then a crop will not degrade the printed quality anymore than it will an image on a website?

thats true^^^^^^^

Not true.

A 7.5 x 5 inch picture has lots of ppi.

A 6MP sensor has a typical resolution of 3072 x 2048.
Both the sensor and the image are in 3:2 ratio ...

At the shortest side (uncropped) at 2048, you'd get 409.6 dpi.

However, if you crop it to get the picture to how you want it, say to 1500 x 500, you're going to really hit problems

500 / 5 = 100 dpi. That's very poor !

All depends on how you want things to look :) Sure, we can interpolate pixels, but you can't ever beat an image straight from the sensor ...

Lee

fair play i was wrong

Back