PLS explain coffee capsules to a non coffee drinker.

Get a VST basket to replace the standard one, so much better. And change the steam wand for a Rancillio one. Very easy to do, but makes a world of difference.
I'll check out the basket thanks.
I fitted a rancilio want to my Delonghi Dedica so will definitely get one for the gaggia.
I've read about replacing a spring to lower the pressure to 9 bar as well....

Anyone owned/ tried a Miele bean to coffee machine? Very expensive but good reviews.

I'll check out the basket thanks.
I fitted a rancilio want to my Delonghi Dedica so will definitely get one for the gaggia.
I've read about replacing a spring to lower the pressure to 9 bar as well....
Yeah a mate did that to mine for me but I didnt see what he actually did.

Get a VST basket to replace the standard one, so much better. And change the steam wand for a Rancillio one. Very easy to do, but makes a world of difference.
Replaced the steam wand for the Rancillio wand, bought a VST basket and competition tamper.
I also bought a pressure gauge that fits the portafilter and reduced the pressure from 14 bar to 9 bar. Didn't need to replace the spring as the OPV on the older machines is adjustable with an Allen key.
The wand was a lot easier to change compared to my delonghi dedica, which required a strip down to replace. On the gaggia it took less than 5 minutes.
Just need to perfect my latte art now :LOL:

I haven't received my purchase yet as Hermes reckoned they couldn't find my address. Plonkers or more likely porkie pie tellers. I'm hoping it'll show up next week.

F&$@*%g Hermes.

Parcel delivered at 10:59? We were in! No one knocked on the door, no one rang the bell, there's no sign of the parcel and there's no delivery photo!

Couldn't lie straight in bed.

upload_2021-10-10_13-26-26.jpg

F&$@*%g Hermes.

Parcel delivered at 10:59? We were in! No one knocked on the door, no one rang the bell, there's no sign of the parcel and there's no delivery photo!

Couldn't lie straight in bed.

Probably turn up tomorrow then!

Probably turn up tomorrow then!

I have zero confidence. They included a picture of the paperwork rather than the box on a doorstep which leads me to suspect something dishonest. So, I went straight to the seller and they're chasing it up for me and if it can't be found they say they'll supply another.

The sellers got in touch with Hermes and the "delivered" item has now really honestly truly been delivered :D

This is the first time I've had a problem with a parcel being delivered here. I've had the usual no knock or bell ringing but a card through the door and then run for it before I can catch them before, but this is the first time anyone has claimed to have delivered something that they haven't. I wonder if someone got a telling off?

It's Mrs WW's birthday at the end of November so it's safely tucked away until then.

Thanks all!

:D

Re the above post (TCR4x4) I use the Bosch/Tassimo machine T14 and have done so for years. I even bought one 18 months ago when they were on offer at £50 from about £90. Easy to use, quick and a good taste. I used to buy two twin packs for £7 now it's three for £10..so, unusually..cheaper.

Re the above post (TCR4x4) I use the Bosch/Tassimo machine T14 and have done so for years. I even bought one 18 months ago when they were on offer at £50 from about £90. Easy to use, quick and a good taste. I used to buy two twin packs for £7 now it's three for £10..so, unusually..cheaper.

Have to admit I've never liked coffee. Back when I used to visit customers sites sometimes it was the only hot drink on offer and if I was desperate I'd force down a black coffee but mostly I wonder how you guys and gals drink the 'oribble stuff :D

It's tea or hot chocolate for me :D

Have to admit I've never liked coffee. Back when I used to visit customers sites sometimes it was the only hot drink on offer and if I was desperate I'd force down a black coffee but mostly I wonder how you guys and gals drink the 'oribble stuff :D

It's tea or hot chocolate for me :D

Alan..I posted that before I saw that you'd got one :rolleyes: I need to look back up at thread next time.

It's strange but when we're away on holiday I drink coffee with breakfast .. a pot of it, otherwise it's one at 3.45pm each day. I enjoyed coffee with breakfast so much that in the past 12 months I've had it with breakfast at home, depending on what we have. We have an 'English' breakfast only on a Saturday and I have coffee with that now. The smell of coffee gives my wife a headache. It's quite strong so I suppose it could with some people.. I love the smell of a coffee house in a town/city as I walk past. I don't like coffee from a jar. ie. Nescafé Gold Blend and neither do I like the strong black coffee Americano,I think. Definitely not the very bitter small coffee that the Turks drink. I usually drink cappuccino when out and about but without the cocoa (or worse, cinnamon) that is sprinkled on making it sweet. I don't have sugar in any hot drink so couldn't drink the hot chocolate that you enjoy.I used to years ago. Taste buds change I suppose.

Back