Pocket Wizard help

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
Is anyone on here a Pocket Wizard expert? I usually use Profoto portable lighting (which always works a dream with PWs), but tried it today with a copuple of Canon 580 EXIIs and it went a bit wrong as follows . . .

- PW transmitter of top of camera (EOS 1D IV)
- PW receiver linked by cable to Speedlight no.1 (which was set up as master)
- Speedlight no.2 was set up as slave to no.1

The problem was that Speedlight no.2 fired about 1 second after the Speedlight no.1

Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks in advance - any thoughts gratefully received!

yes - don't try to use slave/master flashes with any radio triggers. Sadly it jus doesn't work properly. Its not jst PW's and not just canon either

PW via cable to 'Y' piece...........two cables from 'Y' piece to both Speedlites?

What PWs?

You can't mix studio flash with E-TTL technology, but they'll all play together in manual mode.

I'm confused....if you're using your Canon flash in slave mode it should fire at exactly the right time regardless of whatever your using to trigger the initial flash. I do it lots mixing my main lights with a Nikon speedlite in slave mode, all triggered by PW's.

I'm confused....if you're using your Canon flash in slave mode it should fire at exactly the right time regardless of whatever your using to trigger the initial flash. I do it lots mixing my main lights with a Nikon speedlite in slave mode, all triggered by PW's.

Read post 1 again, too much of a time delay.

He's using the PW to fire flash 1 and then using the IR on flash 1 to fire flash 2.

Never going to work due to the time delay between the camera shutter firing and the signal getting to flash 2 via the PW/flash1/IR signal.

treeman said:

Should be fine.... And definitely not a second delay... Check the settings on your slave speedlight.

Should be fine.... And definitely not a second delay... Check the settings on your slave speedlight.

Canon guns don't have a normal optical slave mode - they will only respond to an E-TTL master coded firing signal.

We also don't know what kind of PW trigger the OP is using - makes a big difference to the options.

Canon guns don't have a normal optical slave mode - they will only respond to an E-TTL master coded firing signal.

course they don't, my bad. Silly canon.

Drop Pocket Wizard an email. They will reply in detail, in a day or two...

Back