Point and shoot cameras -- no more?

I get where you're coming from here in terms of language used sometimes does not always indicate the depth of someone's knowledge but also there's a huge assumption that @LongLensPhotography doesn't know more about photography than the average person who whips a phone out of their pocket and presses a shutter button a few times a week.

Every one is of course entitled to an opinion but there is a growing culture whereby people have come to see their opinions as sacred cows to never be countered or reproached. The phenomenon of 'my opinion is as good as your knowledge' is a very real one.
I like that, it is truly a common occurrence; apparently Tiktok and Facebook are full of it (not that I'd know, I wouldn't have those pieces of intrusive crap anywhere near my PC).
I'm not implying you lack knowledge so please don't take it that way but the law of averages strongly suggest that anyone on this forum who's prioritised developing themselves as a photographer over years and years will know more than the average person who takes photographs in the most convenient way possible on a device that does a million other jobs.

And that isn't me saying phone photography is inherently bad. It is plenty good enough for most people and that is entirely valid too.

My friend is a published and peer reviewed molecular and cellular biologist. She has attained this knowledge over years of intensive study and work in some of the most complex scientific areas you can think of. Anything she puts forward, despite it having tangible, repeatable data is automatically picked apart to the point of proof or disproof by dozens of similarly smart, experienced people until it can be stated as scientific fact.

I would not dream to assume that because I've been sick a few times that my opinion on noroviruses is valid or useful in her presence.
I've had a norovirus and for twelve hours I thought I was going to die. In that one case I'd put my eperience over all the knowledge of microbiologists [who've NOT had it] in the world. Sitting on the toilet at 2am, both sweating and freezing while simultaneously puking and s*****g through the eye of needle and changing colour from green to blue to black, is an experience I'm glad to have had so that I can be even more glad if I never have it again!

I like that, it is truly a common occurrence; apparently Tiktok and Facebook are full of it (not that I'd know, I wouldn't have those pieces of intrusive crap anywhere near my PC).

I've had a norovirus and for twelve hours I thought I was going to die. In that one case I'd put my eperience over all the knowledge of microbiologists [who've NOT had it] in the world. Sitting on the toilet at 2am, both sweating and freezing while simultaneously puking and s*****g through the eye of needle and changing colour from green to blue to black, is an experience I'm glad to have had so that I can be even more glad if I never have it again!
Yeah, it's not a fun experience. I think it confused me as to which end the pain was coming from next.

That being said, I don't think even if we get our heads together and work really hard we'll be able to help others with a paper around transmission and risk by demographic.

Yeah, it's not a fun experience. I think it confused me as to which end the pain was coming from next.

That being said, I don't think even if we get our heads together and work really hard we'll be able to help others with a paper around transmission and risk by demographic.
No, but we can certainly descriube the symptoms in gory and technicoloured detail!! :eek: (Oh, and don't touch your eyes or mouth after using a shopping trolley at Morrisons supermarket).

IF more of Capa's rolls of film had survived, I doubt the roll that keeps being shown would have made the cut!
If there were other rolls...

They got screwed up in the darkroom. Probably!

Back