Poland - Auschwitz and Schindler's office

As I said on the other thread of the snow shots - really thought provoking - and no matter how much you 'think' you know what it must have been like, I'm sure we are waaaay off the mark...

Last edited:
The snow shots wasn't my thread... but the single thing I found the hardest was actually how peaceful the place was when I was there.

The snow shots wasn't my thread... but the single thing I found the hardest was actually how peaceful the place was when I was there.

Oops, that'll teach me to not check properly, sorry bout that. I've amended my post :)

Yes, it looks silent - which I can only imagine it was anything but years ago ...

I very much like No2 (y)

Thanks guys, I wonder how often we go back and look at our back catalogues. If it hadn't been for the other thread, I wouldn't have posted these.

The 2nd one is spot on, looks horrifying. captures the mood nicely. A very sobering place.

good shots and your right about the processing
i was there 3 yrs ago and had a lump in my throat
got some cracking shots

James some great photos there, and I understand exactly how you felt as it was bright and sunny when I went too which makes it hard to begin to feel the reality of the place

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment everyone. As my wife is Polish, I'm usually over a couple of times a year. But I've not been back to Krakow for long time.

Back