Polaroid - amazing!

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Polaroid 450 that won't easily take Fuji Pack film. (There's an issue with the Fuji having a plastic pack that gets squashed by the camera so I can't pull the film through) Anyway, I found a way of fixing this by using an old Polaroid 108 pack, which is made out of metal, and switching the plastic top on the Fuji pack for the metal Polaroid pack top.

I've been trying for ages to find a Polaroid pack and found a two pack on ebay the other week so bought it. The film expired 12 years ago.

I read all over about old Polaroid film being useless so I was going to discard the film itself, but thought I'd put it through the camera for the hell of it.

I took a test shot outside my front door yesterday, expecting nothing, but got this:
5961699322_8e1503a429_b.jpg

Then went onwards downtown and got this:
5988930374_447eeaa2b3_b.jpg

HAving some great fun.

Great stuff Graeme, although you really do need a 'period' car on the drive to match the muted colours of the film.

I have a Polaroid 450 that won't easily take Fuji Pack film. (There's an issue with the Fuji having a plastic pack that gets squashed by the camera so I can't pull the film through)

I had this with my 230 and 355, i just bent back the arms of the spring that causes the problem and broke them off, problem solved works great now. Spring looks kind of like this \_/ but flatter.

Interesting shots, expired film can be a mixed bag on results.

Morinaka said:
I had this with my 230 and 355, i just bent back the arms of the spring that causes the problem and broke them off, problem solved works great now. Spring looks kind of like this \_/ but flatter.

Interesting shots, expired film can be a mixed bag on results.

I tried that but is still wouldn't work properly. This fix works a treat though.

Back