Polaroid / Impossible Project Film

Edit My Images
Yes
Right Im gonna do a mega blog on my site about the results I got today. Lets say it wasnt pretty.
2 shots out 16 turned out.
I was shooting the 600 film

Totally annoyed by the process and quality of them considering ilfords make em.

Anyone else tried it yet?

UPDATE: Link to my blog on it.
Im gonna do a follow up too...
http://www.stephen-hughes.com/blog/

Where did you get it from? I had no idea they had it back in production!

Look forward to Reading your blog, please link!! :)

Im gonna blog on it over the weekend.
Basically I threw £40 into the wind. It was that good

ooh dear! In what way? did the shots literally just not come out at all? Please do link to your blog once you're written it, I'm very interested to read up on your experience :)

also back on topic

that sucks I was looking forward to having a play once they're set up as I have a pola back :(

Film is rubbish compared to modern technology...

But then so is my Ford Mustang and I love that just as much...

What is this thread is meant to be about....:shrug:

What is this thread is meant to be about....

The mucked up reintroduction of film to be used in Polaroid Cameras, The Impossible project as its called bought up the old factory that used to make Polaroid film and are reintroducing it and are trying to get it to take off a la Lomo (I think its the Lomo owner who has bought the factory)

By all accounts the first batch of film to be sent out to market has proved to be very poor.

Ooh I see..

That's actually worth a shot, I don't see why land camera polaroids can't develop a cult following every bit as big as Lomo..
Dodgy batches of film aren't going to help though.

Right Im gonna do a mega blog on my site about the results I got today. Lets say it wasnt pretty.
2 shots out 16 turned out.
I was shooting the 600 film

Totally annoyed by the process and quality of them considering ilfords make em.

Anyone else tried it yet?

any chance we can have a link to your blog post?

well I dug out the folks polaroid one 600 from the loft and ordered some of the new film. first time I have used a polaroid apart from the instant back on the LC-A. at the moment the Impossible project only do black and white and sepia. was surprised to see ilford on the box. anyway after shooting a few the results were quite good. quite satisfying getting the photo straight away! will upload them once they have been scanned in.

Wow thats a pretty crappy result.

I heard that to stop over exposure people were taping the darkslide or a changing bag over the slot the pics come out. The problem seems to be that the coating that is supposed to protect the emulsion while it is developing lets light through which ruins the photo

I love the idea of being able to use my old Polaroids again but I can't justify £25 on something that isn't likely to produce results with any consistency.
Just read your blog, that success rate is appalling and it seems Impossible Project should be sorting you out with more than a couple of packs! Maybe they could keep sending you free film til they get it right :D

that sucks,
cheers for the heads up, as I was going to buy some impossible project film for my poloroid camera.

Reading this thread saved me money and disappointment
:)

I wouldnt tell anyone no to buy it,but at the rate of failures and with money being tight all round.

Its a lot of money to pay for something that might or might not work...

Im looking at Fuji instax for color. Its cheap and should work...

I wouldnt tell anyone no to buy it,but at the rate of failures and with money being tight all round.

Its a lot of money to pay for something that might or might not work...

Im looking at Fuji instax for color. Its cheap and should work...

but you're right though, personally I don't want hit or miss, I want consistent results frame after frame :)

will you post the results of the fuji instax?
:)

I will.

I have some on order just waiting on it coming,I will do a blog on my site again and link it up.

I have recently purchased an Fuji Instax 200 from evilbay and got two packs of film. It is so much fun to see your shots pop out and develop in front of your eyes again. I still have a couple of polaroids, but the fuji is crack on. The shots are wide format as well. I will try and post a couple of examples when I get a chance.

Here is one example

4670565160_11f7c73abe_b.jpg

I bought my first pack of PX600 Silver Shade (note: not first flush) this week and fired off a test shot yesterday. Haven't scanned it yet, but the image itself is sound - practically zero faults!

I'll be interested to see how the rest of the pack turns out! I'm shooting them straight into the box they came in, which might be helping somewhat given the fragility of the exposing film.

Its certainly been an interesting journey for TIP - and colour is coming out soon - I'm just glad I can still get film for my 'roids! I've shot about 300 images in the last 18months with a few different cameras now, loved every minute.

As for Stephen's shots - judging by the first image from standard 600 it looks like your rollers aren't working correctly - there shouldn't be any bleed down the edge, or any of the horizontal banding - even if the film is pretty old. Pop open the film flap and double check there isn't any sediment caked on there - you can kinda see it on the px shots that you've got some unrolled material (2nd one in as an example) - which would explain the almost consistent nature of the shots. First flush was notorious for poor manufacturing (and hideous leakages of the caustic paste) which is why I waited til the silver shade stuff came out).

OK - I've scanned some in now;

4696320816_9a54d019d6.jpg

Slight bleeding at the bottom - but nothing I haven't had off 779/600.

4696321598_717123512f.jpg

This one is pretty uniform, quite happy with it.

4696322782_e88854a4fc.jpg

Some slight darkening in the corners.

4696323262_980f8a6b3a.jpg

Got some lightness at the top right.

I dug these out the other day, and they've all basically melted ;( I was keeping them as they suggested too. I know the new stuff is supposed to be better, but I'm not going go be investing in stuff until it's totally stable for archiving.

I use my 450 land camera a lot, with Fuji 100 or 3000 speed B+W film. It's great, the shots come out wonderfully and it's damned satisfying. I don't really like the 'lomo' effect and haven't seen amy 'Impossible' project film that's impressed me yet... maybe the project is indeed 'impossible'

ped

I've used a lot of this stuff but haven't been able to get my one film of colour to do anything at all.

Black and white works for me. Although I do go in for "arty" stuff. I wouldn't consider using it if I wanted a true representation of what I'm seeing.

Is there is a specific method have you develop these films? I bought new PZ Silver pack and only 4 of 8 came through properly. Few became just white and few totally dark brown. I want to buy a pack of 5 but it might be money waisting if only few will develop properly.

Is there is a specific method have you develop these films? I bought new PZ Silver pack and only 4 of 8 came through properly. Few became just white and few totally dark brown. I want to buy a pack of 5 but it might be money waisting if only few will develop properly.

Make sure they're covered the instand they come out of the camera.

I've started putting the film box in front of the camera so the prints eject straight into it. A bit fiddly but with a bit of sticky tape, not too difficult. It made a world of difference to mine, especially the colour film.

Make sure they're covered the instand they come out of the camera.

I've started putting the film box in front of the camera so the prints eject straight into it. A bit fiddly but with a bit of sticky tape, not too difficult. It made a world of difference to mine, especially the colour film.

Thanks for the tip. How long do you usually keep in the box before pulling to the light?

Back