Police chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you knew he had supposedly already run someone over you would just wander over and calmly open his door and hope he didn't try and hurt you?

The footage looks shocking and can't help but think the only reason he got compensation is due to the Daily Fail getting involved and the public pressure and some "genius" high-up thinking it would be better to pay out to avoid any more bad publicity.

If everything is true that he has a list of offences and had already done a hit and run then I think that it is completely justified, all they did was smash a bit of glass! it isn't like they took him out and beat him! I think some people need some perspective.

I'm with Joe for once!

The perspective is that we only know about this matter because it's done and dusted. The silly old man admitted his driving offences - including that most heinous crime of daring to have his number plate slightly wrongly spaced for vanity - and the police force's legal advisors admitted that they would lose in any Civil Court and pleaded "guilty" to their own public servants' overreaction.

Incidentally, when bankers waste public money, the lynch mob call for them to repay it personally. What about over-excited, out of control police officers wasting £20,000 from the public purse?

lol... according to your quote he wasn't prosecuted for failure to stop either - so I guess that didn't happen, and the police made up the video themselves?

:LOL::LOL:

Are you saying he didn't knock the policeman over or that he just wasn't convicted of it, there is a difference.

Cereal offenders like this should be ripped to Shreddies.

Incidentally, when bankers waste public money, the lynch mob call for them to repay it personally. What about over-excited, out of control police officers wasting £20,000 from the public purse?

Yup - except as previously mentioned, it appears that these officers didn't actually do anything wrong - even if they may have over-reacted.

I wonder if thoughts would be different had this guy killed someone, maybe a friend or family member on his little journey? Fair enough, the video we see is only a few minutes and he doesn't seem to be driving with excessive speed, but a RR weighs what must be the best part of 2 tonnes - at 40mph, if you get hit it's not going to do you any favours!

Bankers aren't out there dealing with the general scum on a day to day basis possibly risking life or injury, plus the coppers broke some windows they didn't **** up an entire country!

lol... according to your quote he wasn't prosecuted for failure to stop either - so I guess that didn't happen, and the police made up the video themselves?

no I'm saying you can't read :LOL::LOL:

Mr Whatley was later found guilty of not wearing a seatbelt, failing to stop for a police officer and having tinted car windows that did not conform to legal requirements.

Hang on, so his windows were over-tinted, so how were the officers supposed to see who was in there? (just playing devils advocate now).

Are you saying he didn't knock the policeman over or that he just wasn't convicted of it, there is a difference.

I'm saying that since there is no evidence that actually even happened then it shouldn't be brought up as something that did. What if I said that apparantly he got cramp and couldn't lift his foot off the accelerator and that's why he didn't stop.

There's the same proof that happened as there is of him "knocking over a policeman"

I'm saying that since there is no evidence that actually even happened then it shouldn't be brought up as something that did. What if I said that apparantly he got cramp and couldn't lift his foot off the accelerator and that's why he didn't stop.

There's the same proof that happened as there is of him "knocking over a policeman"

Not sure cramp would make you drive at a constant 30-40mph

Not sure cramp would make you drive at a constant 30-40mph

If he had set cruise control, then got cramp he could have (y) And of course, he has problems with his arms so he couldn't knock it into Neutral and slowly pull up the handbrake.

I mean, come on this guy is a hero!! :LOL:

If he had set cruise control, then got cramp he could have (y) And of course, he has problems with his arms so he couldn't knock it into Neutral and slowly pull up the handbrake.

I mean, come on this guy is a hero!! :LOL:

exactly! there's as much evidence for all of that happening as there is of him killing ... oh i mean breaking a policeman's leg ...... i mean knocking a policeman down

no I'm saying you can't read :LOL::LOL:

Or maybe you're not reading stuff you quote - he was cleared of failing to stop after an accident.

Which, on another point - if he didn't hit someone/something - why was he even charged with failing to stop after an accident? I suppose the police made that up too?

lol.... your world must be awesome - you can do whatever you want, then say it didn't happen and try and get money for it.... :clap:

I'm not proud of it! :(

In fact I'm quite afraid someone might report it to the police and they'll come round and smash my windows in!! :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

1 by 1 you will ll come to see that i am right about all things ...... some of the time. I'm like a broken clock

:D

Doubt smashing the side window in will cause much harm to the occupant as it's safety glass hence why when you smash any window on a car except the window screen it shatters into tiny bits of glass not big bits that you could cut yourself on badly! It's a shock tactic to scare the occupant into not trying to fight back.

I don't think they were over aggressive or over forceful. Commit a crime prepare to do the time for it. This country is too soft on people who commit a crime then have the cheek to sue someone over it for compo. Had they not been doing wrong they wouldn't of got hurt!

Or maybe you're not reading stuff you quote - he was cleared of failing to stop after an accident.

here's what you first said

nothing to do with the accident part in your original quote, this reads that you are referring to him not stopping at all, not after an accident.

Which, on another point - if he didn't hit someone/something - why was he even charged with failing to stop after an accident? I suppose the police made that up too?

according to the jury, yup. Since he wasn't prosecuted for hitting an officer with his car, or not stopping after he had done so, there is no evidence to suggest it actually happened

Still puzzled why he made off instead of stopping in the first place.

He could have saved himself all the bother (and "PTSD"), silly man.

I wonder if thoughts would be different had this guy killed someone, maybe a friend or family member on his little journey? Fair enough, the video we see is only a few minutes and he doesn't seem to be driving with excessive speed, but a RR weighs what must be the best part of 2 tonnes - at 40mph, if you get hit it's not going to do you any favours!

They would have been, but he didn't!

I'm willing to bet that as he petulantly drove off from the noble guardian of law and order, a door mirror touched the brave guardian's hand or somesuch. I'm pretty certain that had a noble guardian of law and order been injured in the course of his duty, or there were any visible mark that a doctor could report, we'd have heard about it.

Still puzzled why he made off instead of stopping in the first place.

He could have saved himself all the bother (and "PTSD"), silly man.

I don't know either, i think basically he is just a jerk :shrug:

Looks like a fair call from the police . Driver refusing to stop for x number of miles after fleeing from a previous stop in which in knocked an officer over . Ok he finally stops but fails to open his locked door or turn his engine off or even put the parking break on . Police thoughts " this guy could go again anytime , let's get him out now and put a stop to this " I'm sure in the same situation most people would act like that . I know that I would if I knew that he had already used his large heavy 4x4 as a weapon on another officer .

joescrivens said:
1 by 1 you will ll come to see that i am right about all things ...... some of the time. I'm like a broken clock

Your argument holds water about as well as the Costa Concordia :LOL:

They would have been, but he didn't!

So, nimbyism in all it's greatness then. "It didn't affect me, so I don't care."

Why is there so much care for this law-breaker then? He's apparently not affected anyone, and his car doesn't belong to anyone else but the owner.... :thinking:

Funny though - if you read the DailyFail's report and then pretty much any other report, they read like two different events!

+1 although they could argue he did actually stop eventually

I wonder if the officer he knocked down (assuming reports of that are accurate of course) could now sue him for the trauma that inflicted :LOL:

So, nimbyism in all it's greatness then. "It didn't affect me, so I don't care."

Why is there so much care for this law-breaker then? He's apparently not affected anyone, and his car doesn't belong to anyone else but the owner.... :thinking:

Funny though - if you read the DailyFail's report and then pretty much any other report, they read like two different events!

i dont personally have care for him. Its an objectionable opinon on whether the police used excessive force or not. To which my comment is ... yes, yes they did.

i dont personally have care for him. Its an objectionable opinon on whether the police used excessive force or not. To which my comment is ... yes, yes they did.

Well, it's good to have different people with different opinions, we can't all agree all the time (y)

Besides, if I was to agree with you, we'd both be wrong. :LOL:

and my comment is no they didnt

to be guilty of an excessive force charge (which doesnt actually seem to have been levelled at the officers involved) they would have to have been using a dispraportionate degree of force to the situation at hand when handling the suspect

and on the video you can clearly see that two officers pull him (relatively gently for the circumstances) out of the car and walk him accross the road while holding his arms - nothing dispraportionate there to arresting a suspect who has already failed to stop.

Like i said hardly Rodney King

I know you are reffering to the smashing of the windows but by definition you cannot use excessive force on an inanimate object.

They could have been guilty of causing excessive damage - but as window and windscreen are standard protocol for stopping a vehicle thats clearly not true either.

Your argument holds water about as well as the Costa Concordia :LOL:
The Costa Concordia is holding a lot of water - it's supposed to ride on the water...

dont personally have care for him. Its an objectionable opinon on whether the police used excessive force or not. To which my comment is ... yes, yes they did.
Yes, I think your opinion on this is objectionable too - but hey, you're entitled to it.:LOL:

1 by 1 you will ll come to see that i am right about all things ...... some of the time. I'm like a broken clock record

I fixed it for you, Joe, cos you got it wrong! ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I think your opinion on this is objectionable too - but hey, you're entitled to it.:LOL:

i don't even know what word i was supposed to write when i wrote objectionable, thats what happens when you write posts on an iphone mid poo

joescrivens said:
i don't even know what word i was supposed to write when i wrote objectionable, thats what happens when you write posts on an iphone mid poo

Your iphone can poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back