Votes: 53 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 45.9%

• Total voters
Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I am an official UK Lyson Continuous Ink and Lyson paper dealer and I am looking to approach Lyson direct to see if I can get some special rates for TP members.

Before I can approach them, I really need to see whay interest there is in Lyson Professional Inks and Inks, hence the reason for this POLL.

Ian

Last edited:
I print from home for my own use. Other peoples shots I will be using a lab.

I already use a CISS from OPUS but would be tempted by Lyson inks when it needs topping up.

You forgot to add the poll to your post.

Andy

Very rarely print at home now.

For somereason I dont have that option

poll.JPG

If you click the Go Advanced tab you could make a proper poll.
I print at home because i like to, using Ilford Gallerie smooth gloss on a Canon ip4700.

Yes and No (just to be blooming awkward!)

I have an HP B9180 so use that for printing my own portfolio prints and ones for family. For clients I use DSCL and Loxley (especially for pearl paper which is lush!)

I am lookiang at a CISS for my Epson pro 3800 , let us know if you get anything sorted

Kevan

Print loads from home, I'm a joint owner of a printing business, Using 24" - 64" printers, as you look to be touting for business I will say we are more than happy with our current ink and paper suppliers.

Have used lyson, permajet, various chinese imports ended back at oem but large format therefore larger and cheaper carts.
Have to tell you that the lyson inks clogged far more than any other, had three friends found the same on various epsons, obv all would clog if not used but the lysons did if left for more than a couple of days in my experience.
So personally I would suggest sourcing alternatives even if only to offer in addition to lyson.

Ian,
I'd be interested to know what the payback time is and if it's cost effective over printing with DSCL. I've often thought about doing the printing myself but DSCL prices and service kind of keeps putting me off.
By the way, was the photo any use to you?

DSCL is cheaper if youprint off lots at a time but obviously if you only print off a couple of A4's etc a week then at home printing (not including the cost of the printer) is cheaper. I'm not a fan of the paper etc that you get from online printers so unless I'm after a load of 6x4's or 7x5's for an album I print at home.

THat's why I'm interested to know the costs involved. The post cost isn't really an issue as I generally have enough prints to send a batch off each week with the orders I get (although it does tail off our of summer wedding season)

Back