Polo

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent part of this afternoon at the Toulston Polo Club located just outside Tadcaster. It's only the second time I've watched polo and the rules still seem unclear in parts but basically you have to get the ball between the sticks :p. To ride and hit a tiny ball at the same time was made to look easy but I bet it's not. Anyway here's a selection. More here

Polo-July2015-04 by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

Polo-July2015-07 by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

Polo-July2015-09 by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

Polo-July2015-11 by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

apart from the over exposure they are fine.. I would be happy with the composition.. but like i say.. not sure if its the exposure or post processing but Either way its slightly OTT

@KIPAX - Thanks for the feedback Tony.

Exposure wise - when I pushed the raw files through ACR into Photoshop I often click on Auto to see how the software thinks the image should look. It reckoned the originals were underexposed by a whole stop which on my calibrated monitor looked totally OTT so I went for a compromise. Maybe a bad decision on my part.

Post-Processing wise - I added a touch a linear contrast curve and then a final high pass filter before saving. Usually this is set at 5% but that looked too much so I settled on 2%. I had put some clarity in ACR so I'm wondering whether this was a little too much although I've done that plenty of times with no noticeable issues. Maybe that added with the over exposure didn't help.

Any further thoughts welcome

Thanks chaps. For me it was a nice afternoon out taking photos of something I didn't understand the rules for :). I even went back the next day to take more photos. I guess you could use google to find your local club

Back