Pontneddfechan Waterfall

Its a cool composition and quite unlike your chosen subject matter and indeed shooting style. One thing I tend to think about yours is I would recover a bit more shadow or expose a tiny bit longer or dial in a bit less contrast.

But not here. I'd increase contrast and/or reduce any shadow recovery. It is really quite flat and whilst a lot of that has to do with the dull conditions normally yours are pretty contrasty.

Cheers Steve certainly is out of shooting style, and agree we certainly all do have our own styles, I did'nt want to plough in heavy on the PP and it was bright on the day, here is the same image with the max amount of added contrast I'm happy to go with ;)

Last edited:
A very beautiful image

Your second edit is much better really brings, what was already a good photo to life.
Cheers Steve certainly is out of shooting style, and agree we certainly all do have our own styles, I didnt want to plough in heavy on the PP and it was bright on the day, here is the same image with the max amount of added contrast I'm happy to go with ;)

Well there is plenty of water about lately that's for sure! This is a excursion Kevin but very well executed! The second edit is the one for me. Nice work!

Is your compass broken Kev? You keep wandering down South these days or maybe the Mrs has kicked you out. :D

Seriously though the image is a good one and the second edit looks to have more punch which I personally prefer. The light down in the valley does tend to be a bit flat at this time of year particularly with the overcast weather that seems never ending.

Nicely taken, the second edit is on the edge for me personally in terms of contrast but it is punchy. I'm not sure the flat light is always a bad thing on something like this, yes you have to PP a little to bring it to life but you get a nice controlled exposure to start with.

A truly beautiful image well composed and carried out. Lovely movement of the water captured superbly well.

Nicely taken, the second edit is on the edge for me personally in terms of contrast but it is punchy. I'm not sure the flat light is always a bad thing on something like this, yes you have to PP a little to bring it to life but you get a nice controlled exposure to start with.

A truly beautiful image well composed and carried out. Lovely movement of the water captured superbly well.

Thank you

Very nice, really like the one on flickr with the swirls, it didn't do that for me :( I was up at the same waterfall only a week before you and the water levels were a lot higher, most of those rocks in your shot were submerged.

Very nice, really like the one on flickr with the swirls, it didn't do that for me :( I was up at the same waterfall only a week before you and the water levels were a lot higher, most of those rocks in your shot were submerged.

Passing ships hey, a first visit for me I klan to do the whole walk next time to really appreciate the place, thanks for stopping by much appreciated
Kevin

Nice composition and the water is about right. I prefer the higher contrast image. The composition is very strong. My eye settles a little on the big rock directly under the water fall., maybe there is some detail that could be recovered there? That's just a suggestion, it's a lovely image.

Hi Dale many thanks indeed and I did Have this also in mind also certainly a big part of the frame and eye does lead to it, will revisit and have a look for sure

Back