Pontsticill Reservoir at night.

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Pontsticill Reservoir by Rhod2010, on Flickr

I don't seem to have had much time for photography recently but got out last night with a couple of mates for a star trail experiment. 100 images stacked in Starstax. Canon 50D, Sigma 10-20 @13mm, F5, 30secs, iso 1000. Foreground painted with X21.2. Stacked image processed with my patented heavy handed de-noise and sharpen technique! I should have got more sky in with hindsight but there you go.

Thanks for looking and A Happy New Year to all!

Last edited:
I like the foreground subject very much. It's perfectly lit and I really feel the image would have worked very well even with just a starry night.

Hi, wonderful, muted colours on the sky. Looks like there were a few clouds but the detail is great. Pity you couldn't get Polaris in.

I Googled X21.2 and heard my wife mutter, "Don't even think about it!" :)

Cheers.

I like that. Was a chilly night too I bet...

This image has everything. Star trails, great lighting, leading lines, reflection, great composition, great balance of blues. Well done.

I like the foreground subject very much. It's perfectly lit and I really feel the image would have worked very well even with just a starry night.

Thanks mate I'll try for starry skies next time.

Hi, wonderful, muted colours on the sky. Looks like there were a few clouds but the detail is great. Pity you couldn't get Polaris in.

I Googled X21.2 and heard my wife mutter, "Don't even think about it!" :)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy. The X21 is a bit of a beast!

I like that. Was a chilly night too I bet...

Freezing mate. Took 30mins to warm up before I could drive home lol!

This image has everything. Star trails, great lighting, leading lines, reflection, great composition, great balance of blues. Well done.

Very kind Christine :)

Nicely done. Incredible how much the reservoir's filled since I was there at the end of October.

Very nicely done, New Year resolution for me to try a stack.

Great shot. Love the colours

Thanks Andrew, Andrew and Robert.

Back