Poole Pirates

Edit My Images
No
Just a few from the Poole Pirates Elite League meet last wednesday. Going again this week and am hoping for a drier evening so I can move round the track a bit more and get some more interesting angles.
Anyway, comments and crit welcome.

Speedway12.jpg

Speedway24.jpg

Speedway55.jpg

Speedway58.jpg

Speedway63.jpg

Speedway71.jpg

Your panning seems to be excellent and really like 4 & 5 with rider(2) looking really sharp in those.

ok, here we go :)

1 there seems to be a guy standing in the way :)
2 i like it a lot. i'm assuming you arent standing in the middle but shotting across the track? if so, then that makes it even better
3 bit blurry and grainy. has it been zoomed and cropped?
4 as 2
5 little blurry
6 ditto

in general, then if you were shooting from across the track and not from the centre then they are all pretty good considering the distance and the low light. On my screen they all look extremely over saturated, though.

But this is all coming from someone who has never shot speedway, but i've been invited to shoot at Reading so i'll hopefully be posting on here soon and you can give me some c+c

Thanks for the comments.
Thanks for the crit xynamic. That's what I'm looking for. I am shooting acros the track for all of these.
Number 3 has been cropped as it was shot from the far end of the track along the length.
Number 5, I don't think is blurry, not as I was panning with Rider 2, so there is motion blur on the other rider and bg. But rider 2 appears sharp to me.
There is blur on 6, it was getting to about 9pm on a rainy evening and even 1600 ISO was struggling a little at the speed these things go. :D

Nice pics off my favourite sport there (Robins season ticket holder:woot:) we have an open day before the meeting on Monday gates open at 3.30pm and pits and track are open with rider photo and signiture opportunites, will take my P&S and see what I can get.

Pat

Nice pics off my favourite sport there (Robins season ticket holder:woot:) we have an open day before the meeting on Monday gates open at 3.30pm and pits and track are open with rider photo and signiture opportunites, will take my P&S and see what I can get.

Pat

We have you next wednesday, 1st vs 3rd, should be some great racing. Are you going to be there?

Thanks for the compliment xynamic. :)

Back