Poor day at Brands for the BTCC

Edit My Images
Yes
Had no energy and a complete lack of motivation this morning for the BTCC, but thought id go up any way and the action would motivate me once there.

Nope, i watched and took afew pic's of the BTCC warm up, then watched the Seats, couldnt be arsed to take any pics of them, then left during the formula renault warm. First time i have ever left an event before the finish, but i think the pics show my complete lack of interest today. What do you guys think?

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Only run resized them, as i really cant be arsed with these, may just be me being tired from a long week, as i got home at 4pm and slept through to 7pm and i still feel shattered.

I dunno about them showing a lack of interest, there doesn't look to be a lot wrong with them to me. The third one possibly suffers from not having all three cars in the frame but thats about it.

You're losing 300px by resizing them to 500px on the longest side, its amazing what a difference that makes, I know this might be to protect them from being copied but its sometimes harder to see the little things in an image, but thats just my personal opinion.

Thanks for sharing and I hope your inspiration picks up again soon and you feel better.

:nono:
i know your not happy mate but they look ok to me ..

not sure what your plans are but theres a good chance we will be at brands for the btcc on the 22nd of sept...:naughty:

Maybe just me then not feeling right. I only took about 200 pics today, didnt even fill one 2gig card!

The pics are saved at 800 on the longest side, dont know how to get them to display any bigger then that.

Dave do you mean the WTCC if so i am planning on camping out Thursday night for all 3 days,

They look OK to me Russ. None are really stunning - like some of those from Croft you took last weekend, but I do rather like number 3. :)
I know what you mean though, I've sometimes been to a motorsport event (or other event) and not got into it for taking photos, though fortunately these have always been small local events, not the big 'uns.
My advice, go anyway, just keep taking loads of shots and when you get home and open them up properly on the PC, then a real gem might appear :)

edit: just read your last post - only 200 pics (y), thats more than I take on a good day. Maybe I need to take more. The only thing with taking loads of pics is the ammount of time it takes me to go through them on the pc afterwards :eek:

:bonk:

yes mate wtcc

They look OK to me Russ. None are really stunning - like some of those from Croft you took last weekend, but I do rather like number 3. :)
I know what you mean though, I've sometimes been to a motorsport event (or other event) and not got into it for taking photos, though fortunately these have always been small local events, not the big 'uns.
My advice, go anyway, just keep taking loads of shots and when you get home and open them up properly on the PC, then a real gem might appear :)

edit: just read your last post - only 200 pics (y), thats more than I take on a good day. Maybe I need to take more. The only thing with taking loads of pics is the ammount of time it takes me to go through them on the pc afterwards :eek:

generally i use multi-shot, just 2 tho, then keep the best one, i took 90 home with me as i view and delete on the scene.

Sorting on the pc after is easy, have i just open the folder and view them in there any that stand out are moved then converted.

I love motorsport, can normally watch all day every day, still looking forward to the BSB at Cadwell, thinking i may be getting bored of cars these days.

:bonk:

yes mate wtcc

Went last year too, was good event what day? or you planning the full weekend?

There using the full GP which is stunning, much better then the rather dull and boring Indy track like the BTCC are using this weekend.

Photos look fine to me. Wish mine would come out that good.
I intended to stay to the end myself, but there was some repairs being carried out on the track before the 2nd Clio race so decided to leave. Back tomorrow.

Maybe i'll add the other 90 to the gallery later then.

It rained in the morning before i got there, was dry for that one session i was there, even the sun popped out for a while as you can see by the changing light condition's.

It had a tiny spattering of rain in the seat quili, but i left just after, but yeah i beleive it rained just after i left, as i drove though a huge storm. Like i say i was only there for about 1hr, went home and back to bed

:nono:
i know your not happy mate but they look ok to me ..

not sure what your plans are but theres a good chance we will be at brands for the btcc on the 22nd of sept...:naughty:

I was at Brands Hatch at the weekend, and am hoping to go the WTCC event there too. Seems to be quite a following on this website.

As for the pics, they look great to me. Where do you stand to avoid all the fences. I was in the Paddock Hill Grandstand and it was a nightmare trying to get an image without a fence in the way, or somebody's head!

I was at Brands Hatch at the weekend, and am hoping to go the WTCC event there too. Seems to be quite a following on this website.

As for the pics, they look great to me. Where do you stand to avoid all the fences. I was in the Paddock Hill Grandstand and it was a nightmare trying to get an image without a fence in the way, or somebody's head!

Hi mate you will love the WTCC hopefully better weather too, i missed the raceday altogether, slept 90% of the day.

As for the pic's, there taken from veriuos points around exit of McLearn, and entery to Clark. I didnt avoid the fences just shot striaght through them using either the 300mm f4, or 400mm f.6, either lens can see striaght though the fences, and providing you use the DOF, you can more or less make the fence completely disapear. I reguraly get pics from the outside of Druids shooting striaght though the fences.

Oh cool. Have used that trick for zoo photography. Have to try it with the motorsport too.

there are places at brands without fencing in the way

- inside of druids
- outside of druids - either stand on the benches or on the entrance where the marshals are and the recovery tractor.
- from the paddock area looknig over the exit of graham hill bend and along the back straight all the way to the next corner. I forget the name of that one.
- outside of said corner that i cant remember the name of.
- outside of last corner thru some holes in the fence.

:)

clarke and clearways i think the last two are called

WTCC will be on the GP circuit so there should be some different angles. You can also get the cars as the hit the apex at Paddock by standing on the grass banking at the side and aiming over the top of the fence below the wire at the top.
Here is a map of the Indy circuit i've marked.
The yellow areas have low fencing. There is also a point just behind the bridge (red line across track on run up to Druids).
Yellow and black areas you should be able to see over the fence.
The blue area on the right on the outside of Clark Curve is a flap in the high fencing.

File0222.jpg

it also depends on how much zoom your camera has..the more zoom, the better photos you should get by standing on grassy areas and able to see over the fences, even though you are further back. Someone like me with a pocket digital camera needs to get as close to the track as possible without the fencing in the way.

it also depends on how much zoom your camera has..the more zoom, the better photos you should get by standing on grassy areas and able to see over the fences, even though you are further back. Someone like me with a pocket digital camera needs to get as close to the track as possible without the fencing in the way.

Inside druids then.
This photo (not cropped) was taken inside Druids by my son using a compact.
DSCN6980.jpg

If you have 3-5 times optical zoom you should have no trouble getting similar sized shots. But of course the photo can also be cropped after to bring in closer.

Thanks

I have had another look at the shots taken, all alike the above, ok there sharp in focus etc but none are really all that different to the last batch i took at Brands, nothing stood out as being that little bit different to the rest if you know what i mean. Still i think, although still slightly disappointed, they useable shots?

Maybe just me then not feeling right.
I know what you mean, some days you just don't get into it and you're left with "that" feeling. Difficult to explain.

Back