Poor Digital Camera magazine Subscription

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
got a subscription for Digital camera at Xmas off the better half, should have come with a free bag, after the first payment
still waiting for the free bag, 4months later poor show from Digital Camera magazine

got a subscription for Digital camera at Xmas off the better half, should have come with a free bag, after the first payment
still waiting for the free bag, 4months later poor show from Digital Camera magazine

And what do the magazine 'people' say about the delayed gift fulfillment?

all I get back from them is
Our customer service teams are busier than usual so it may take us longer to get back to you.
Did you know you may be able to resolve your query online
where you will be able to do the following:
* Update your delivery address
* Update your billing details
* Renew your subscription
* Find out when your next issue is scheduled to be delivered
* Let us know that you are missing an issue and request a replacement
If you are unable to resolve your query online, please be advised that we are working quickly to return to normal and will endeavour to reply to you within 2 days.

Perhaps see if you can get some more sense from them by phoning Future Publishing ~ contact details here with a UK phone number

You probably won’t like hearing this but I took a subscription out about four weeks ago and had the introductory bag within a week even though they hadn’t taken the initial subscription with the first edition due early April.
I had phoned them with a query not long after subscribing and tbh they were very helpful.

Save your money and read it for free online from your local library service.

Digital Photo, Practical Photography and Digital SLR mags have all gone under. Only Digital Camera left as a monthly paper publications. Difficult times for periodicals

Save your money and read it for free online from your local library service.

Sorry to disagree but that's what is killing publishing. See the post above for recent casualties.

Sorry to disagree but that's what is killing publishing. See the post above for recent casualties.

I have bought my fair share of magazines over the years, but most of them reboot after 12-18 months.
Just too expensive these days, fiver or more a magazine is more than I can justify spending
They obviously make money selling the rights to all these online organisations, adapt or die.

:agree:
Though not a direct analogy.....not a lot different to folk rightly getting peeved about the unauthorised use of (their) imagery online. Somehow, some way there has to be proper remuneration for content, 'free' may cut it in some (limited?) situations but the drive to "have access to stuff at no charge" is likely to end at the bottom of the barrel???

I have bought my fair share of magazines over the years, but most of them reboot after 12-18 months.
Just too expensive these days, fiver or more a magazine is more than I can justify spending
They obviously make money selling the rights to all these online organisations, adapt or die.

I'd agree with the rebooting every 12-18 months on the technique point but for product based publications like Digital Camera, the stuff they write about is new to the market rather than "how to do XXX without it looking like XXX" reboots.

I'd agree with the rebooting every 12-18 months on the technique point but for product based publications like Digital Camera, the stuff they write about is new to the market rather than "how to do XXX without it looking like XXX" reboots.

Life moves on, these publications are obviously no longer wanted by the buying public.
Digital Camera seem to have embraced the online part quite well judging by the amount of emails I receive.
Newspapers which I bought everyday at one time will also go the way of the Dodo in the not too distant future.

I subscribe to Readly at £7.99pm

Huge number of photography mags from all over the world inc Digital Photography Mag.
abilty to bookmark stuff etc. It really is an excellent way to access thousands of magazines
This looks like the new model for magazines. Presuming with no print costs the subscription should hopefully cover the other costs, which I'm guessing is either staff wages or contributors fees.
Having said that I'm of an age where I still prefer hard copy in books and magazines as I find it difficult to read more than a few pages of A4 text at a sitting. Perhaps it's just me [emoji848]

Not just you.

Not just you guys...
I prefer print when I occasionally buy a magazine, which used to be when I went on holiday....ah, the good old days eh?

One of life’s greatest pleasures is escaping the bedlam in the house by going to the quietest room, curling up on a comfy chair with a mug of tea, some choccy biccies and a camera magazine

This looks like the new model for magazines. Presuming with no print costs the subscription should hopefully cover the other costs, which I'm guessing is either staff wages or contributors fees.
Having said that I'm of an age where I still prefer hard copy in books and magazines as I find it difficult to read more than a few pages of A4 text at a sitting. Perhaps it's just me [emoji848]
Yep I get that. I tend to dip in and out, having a short attention span so it works for me. I do prefer a hard copy, (I paid for a hard copy of my camera manual) but I’d never pay monthly subs for all the mags I dip into, so well worth it.

Back