Poor service from 7 day shop

That doesn't sound like the norm, I've used them loads with no problems. Have you tried to contact them?

That sounds about right for 7day shop.

I used to say, they werent called 7 day shop for no reason! lol

It *could* be held at the post office (my bag was), and I wasnt 'carded'.

Have you rung them? or your local sorting office?

Yes went through the web site, struggled to find any direct contact info. Order is shown as despatched but to allow 14 days from payment before contacting them! I will give it a day or so but I won't use them again, a simple item like this should be two days tops.

Dunc

Aren't they in the channel isles?
I ordered an Extreme III 4gb SDHC jobbie from picstop (Jersey) on sunday and it came yesterday.
Texy

Yes went through the web site, struggled to find any direct contact info. Order is shown as despatched but to allow 14 days from payment before contacting them! I will give it a day or so but I won't use them again, a simple item like this should be two days tops.

Dunc

They dont despatch straight away unless you pay for the premium postage IIRC.

When you pay more, youre paying for a faster despatch.

Used them once,small item took two weeks and difficult to contact, crap service,i also would,ent use them again,should change there name to 14dayshopifyourlucky.com

I will give it a day or so but I won't use them again, a simple item like this should be two days tops.

Dunc

Duncan calm down m8, use them or don't but don't complain about a service level that's clearly stated on their site just because you didn't think to read it. 7day terms say it can take up to 3 days to dispatch an item, never mind the delay the post office might be responsible for after it's been sent. Add to that the atrocious weather recently causing ferries to be cancelled etc and your delay doesn't sound too bad.

I have had good and bad times with 7dayshop. Most the orders I have made have been with me within two weeks. One item that was on back order with them took 3 months to come which was rubbish and all i got from them everytime I asked for an update was its on back order.

I still use them just because mostly their prices are the lowest and by a long way. So I will put up with the two week delivery time when saving that much.

I have used them a few times the usually deliver within a week, but my last order took 3 weeks. I will use them again.
It does say on the site
UK NORMAL DISPATCH - £3.95 - 1-3 WORKING DAYS FOR DISPATCH ITEMS ARE SENT BY 1ST CLASS ROYAL MAIL
PLESAE NOTE: The DISPATCH time is when the item will leave our warehouse
Your goods are dispatched by 1st Class Royal Mail as our dispatch team come to the order.
Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days AFTER DISPATCH via 1st Class Royal Mail Post
And
Despite our best efforts, there can sometimes be unforeseen delays in delivery. It may be worthwhile contacting your local postal sorting office as they may have tried to deliver your package, but were unable to. Should you have not received your full order within 28 days of DISPATCH then please click here to report it. Written, signed confirmation of non-delivery may be required.

7dayshop has always been a description of the postal service. They are so flipping cheap though, it's never a problem for me.

Their 3rd party hoods are so cheap, even compared to getting one from HK via ebay..

I've used them at least 20 times. Delivery to Ireland has usually taken at least 7-10 days. One item never arrived and they refunded my money. Cannot really complain.

I ordered 2 spare batteries last wednesday, I think! I'll be sure to let you all know if they arrive and when. Never used them before...

I used them a little while ago and think i got everything within a week and a half...maybe its just luck/chance/timing

used them once never again ordered 6 canon 400 batts 8 2gig cards and load of aa batts.
at the same time ordered grip from hk that took 7 days, 2 weeks after order no sign, went on ebay bought the same stuff and came 5 days later 7ds took over 3 weeks to come never use again

Dave

Well. Just t report my batteries turned up this morning. just over a week. Longer than i expected but i never read the information!

Never had a problem and always select their cheapest service. Usually 5-7 days delivery which is about the same as free Amazon service. I tend to think cheap prices means some reduction in service. Pays ya money and takes ya choice. Hope your stuff turns up soon.

Emailed them to find out what has happened. They say the order was only received on the 29/1 and have been despatched. Strange that my CC statement clearly shows they took the money 11 days earlier!!

Dunc

I have used them alot in the pass and they were always really good with deliving darkroom paper etc but then i had the same problem and ended up waiting 2 and half weeks for my products to arrive!

If you want fast order at the other places that charge more.

i have spent around £400 on film as they are the best for the money. delivery 4 days to 14 days i dont care. If i wanted now i would pay the premium at calumet who charge almost double.

dont be cheap then complain. you have choices

If you want fast order at the other places that charge more.

i have spent around £400 on film as they are the best for the money. delivery 4 days to 14 days i dont care. If i wanted now i would pay the premium at calumet who charge almost double.

dont be cheap then complain. you have choices

Well yes that would be relevant if they were particularly cheap! £15ish for a 2gb card is no longer exceptional.

It is now the the 19th day since I ordered. Now thats cr*p. I also ordered a remote shutter release a week ago from a German co, that arrived in four days. I also ordered some batteries which took three.

Why I am complaining is that being cheap is no excuse for providing poor service. If you rpovide poor serice you are no longer cheap...... just unreliable.
Secondly it will make people think, but maybe not some, not to order from these people. Its called 'consumer sovereignty' and people wh put up with cr*p servixce will generally get it!!

Dunc

Well judging by the response you got when you contacted them I'm ready to agree that you have been badly let down, here's hoping your stuff arrives soon.

Ordered last Saturday, mailed on Monday, Here today (Friday).

Been using them for 3 years and never had a problem :)

Used them alot, delivery varies, from a few days, to a couple of weeks, but items always arrived as described, good for the price.

I've used them for lots of things, never had a problem with them really. However, I guess I am a reasonable guy and expect the service I pay for (y)

ordered a bunch of paper and ink late Wednesday afternoon
bang bang bang on the door at 7:30 this morning
can't really moan at that!

(well apart from bang bang bang on the door at 7:30)

The last reply says it all!!

Your post - 03/02/2008 - 13:00
Ordered and paid for a 2gb sandisk card 18/1/08. Not arrived!!
7dayshop reply - 04/02/2008 - 09:56
Your order (invoice number - 2567726) was dispatched on 29/01/2008 and will be with you shortly For your information we received the order on jan 26th 2008. Regards
Your post - 04/02/2008 - 18:03
vSurprised as my account was debited on the 18th, where has the order been for 11 days!!!
Your post - 08/02/2008 - 20:09
Goods have still not arrived. Please credit and cancel the order.
7dayshop reply - 11/02/2008 - 10:16
We will arrange a claim for you. Unfortunately it means we have to allow 28 days from the date of dispatch before it is classed as officially lost in the post with Royal Mail.This date being 27/02/08
If the goods are still missing, could I please ask you to contact us at this time.
If we do not hear from you after this time we will assume that you have received the goods.

Many thanks and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How useful is this reply ? (1-bad ... 10-good)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is pretty standard response when an item is lost. It is a pain for you and the dispatch thing is a bit weird, the took your cash before they had stock to send I guess. At least you know the procedure to follow. I can see both sides.

Hi,
Well after some argument they have agreed to refund my money. Card never did turn up. Ordered one from Play.com at the same price arrived in two days, now thats good service. Won't use 26day shop again!

Dunc

Something strange going on with them then. I have just check my account with 7 day and in all cases of the 17 orders I have placed with them, the longest I waited, on their normal delivery was 9 days. I have to agree that your delay is not the norm but frustrating just the same.:bang:

I'd like to add, I've just opened two packages ordered on the 10th. Surprised by speed and the fact that their own brand CF card case and card reader are very good quality!

I ordered a rake of bits on Tuesday evening (12th) - the first of those turned up today, a 4gb Ultra II CF card for £17.99. Pretty happy with that. Now waiting on some batteries, and a pair of card readers. I'm guessing that they will be arriving early next week. I've used 7Day quite a few times before and yes, they're not always the quickest - the business of sending out one order in several packets can be irritating, but then again you get the advantage of being able to buy at channel islands prices! I've never had cause to complain though and will no doubt use them again.

**edit**

Having just seen our next door neighbour, I can report that in fact the WHOLE of my order has turned up today, so what can I say but WELL DONE 5 DAY SHOP! :p:banana:

I wish I had seen this thread before I used 7day shop! I bought a grip and two spare batteries for my 40D..only to receive my grip (they get kudos for the quickness of that..only 2 days wait :))..but where the frick are my batteries! I shall have to wait and see if they come here on Monday.. :bat:

Back