poorly.

LOL You stay off work until you're better.

I used to feel guilty every time I rang in sick, even when knocking on deaths door.
Strange isn't it? Why are we made to feel like that?

In the end, after I left work with depression and became a house husband, I'm quite opinionated about work now :p
I think we as a nation are slaves to work. We give our lives to jobs for them to say "here's a p45 and a crappy watch...see ya!" Only to be forgotten about a week later.

No one, on their death bed ever said "I wish I spent more time at work".
That said, we spend on average a third of our lives sleeping, and a third of it working, why should we spend that much of our lives doing something we hate? Do something you love! And only do it for a return (ie money), favours rarely get rewarded these days, especially if you're part of a big corporation.

If you're sick, don't feel guilty, its YOUR body, don't ruin it just by going into work because they want you to.

because your one of the rare few that takes pride in his work and actually enjoys going???

You are not allowed to ring in sick at the Toyota factory where i work. We have our own medical centre. Bugger. They have three kinds of pills (this is no joke) Pink ones for poorly tummies, Blue ones for muscular stuff and brown ones for all other aches and pains. These three are known site wide as "mardie* pills".

One of our team broke his ankle and they arranged a lift in for him and had him sit in an office photo copying stuff for the sake of it.

I love working at Toyota....NOT!

(*Southerners note this is a midlands expression)

now i,m stunned.
rang in at 4.25 to say i,ll be back to work tomoro. got put onto our transport manager. "sorry mark, you should have rung in by 12.00. ive made other plans now. got an agency driver booked."
nearly told him, ok. i may be in next week. then hung up on him.
wimped out and told him i,ll be in friday.
he is a t***

i always find calling in sick to a hospital quite funny. although i refuse to feel guilty about it, and would strongly agree with Marcel.

I got called in the office the other day, just to let you know if your sick again this year you will have to go to occupational health and if sickness continues after that we may take action!!

Hope you get better soon mate:)

I haven't had a day off sick in about 8 years. In all my working life (29 years) I reckon if I added up all the time I've had off sick it would be less than a month.
Yet other people think it is their right to have time off sick. Depending on the percentage being off sick each month we get 100% or 80% pay. The same people every time will wait for the 100% pay (Minus shift rate) then book in a couple of days sick. We are only allowed to have 4 sicknesses in a rolling 12 month period. If more you don't get paid and you are invited to an interview with HR to explain your sickness and try to get paid for the time off.

The longest Ive had off sick is six weeks with a broken ankle :D

Back