Pop Art

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Meet my daughter, Steph. There's a story behind these images. It started during a night in the pub celebrating her boyfriends Birthday, I took a snap of her on my phone as she removed the lemon from her drink and started sucking on it. A couple of days later she saw a pop art photo somewhere and she said it would look good as pop art and I kinda agreed. Having seen a tutorial on how to do pop art in a magazine a few weeks earlier, I decided to get her round to our house, bought her a lemon, shoved it in her mouth and recreated the shot with my SLR. This was the end result.....

6369834709_e72d3c9d26_b.jpg

The different colours were chosen to represent other fruits, a lemon, a lime, an orange and a red apple.

I also thought that while i was at it I'd take a normal shot of her to make into pop art.....and this is what I came up with. I actually prefer this one.

6369806735_114bb302c9_b.jpg

Comments, as always, welcomed.

Cheers
Steve

I like the concept and the colours, but I don't like either picture I'm afraid. The 1st with the lemon, I feel you'd have to explain the story each and every time to explain the weird looking mouth and the 2nd image looks like she's saying "come on get on with it, X-Factor is on don't you know"

The hair looks pretty good and I like the faces, just not the expressions. Sorry!

Back