Poppies At Sunset

Well I dig it a lot! (y)

Nice enough- I would have in addition to the above shot, got down level with the poppy heads and taken a few back lit poppies, up close and personal which I feel would make an awesome image

Les (y)

Nice enough- I would have in addition to the above shot, got down level with the poppy heads and taken a few back lit poppies, up close and personal which I feel would make an awesome image

Les (y)

Thanks for the feedback Les.

I did manage to get a few low down, backlit poppy shots while I was there. They're sitting in Lightroom at the minute so I'll see if I can squeeze some awesomeness out of them tonight :)

Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback Les.

I did manage to get a few low down, backlit poppy shots while I was there. They're sitting in Lightroom at the minute so I'll see if I can squeeze some awesomeness out of them tonight :)

Thanks again.

I look forward to seeing them (y)

Les ;)

You can't beat a good poppy shot!
And like you say, on this occasion the flare adds to the shot rather than detracting from it.

I was planning something like this for this evening, but the rain is stopping play as it stands.
Its a nice shot, with some great lighting on the poppies, and I'm also a big fan of the trees defining the horizon by the sun.
Yet another cracker Danny. Good stuff

Wonderful rich colours, So jealous there never seems to be poppies near me. If you don't mind me asking but where is this?

I remember photographing the poppy fields south of Madrid not far from Toledo and this reminds me of that - however the inclusion of the sunset gives it extra drama - lovely shot.

I was planning something like this for this evening, but the rain is stopping play as it stands.
Its a nice shot, with some great lighting on the poppies, and I'm also a big fan of the trees defining the horizon by the sun.
Yet another cracker Danny. Good stuff

I like that, you had better luck than me finding the sun!

Beautiful shot.

VERRRRY nice shot Danny (y) ;)

:exit:

I remember photographing the poppy fields south of Madrid not far from Toledo and this reminds me of that - however the inclusion of the sunset gives it extra drama - lovely shot.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Really pleased you all like it, means a lot ;)

All I can say is just awesome shot. Love the colour and the sun burst.

I love the lens flare/sun rays - like diagonal leading lines in other types of photos.

Back