Poppies in South east

Ive been thinking the same thing, I know there are some on the Southdowns near Brighton, if the weather wasnt so bad I was gonna go and have a look today

I see your just up the road from me Gopal, there used to be one not far from me here in Basingstoke but it seems like it's been ploughed up now:(.

If I hear of one in our area I'll give you a shout mate

PS I never made it back to Mitcheldever bug I guess the bluebells will be pretty much over by now

Pressure of work :(.
Oh well there will be another lot next year with luck
All the best
Steve

Gopal, I went to the field near Brighton and it doesn't seem to have the dense poppies that I have seen in previous photos, there are plenty on the sides of the fields and pathways but not covering the entire field. I am going down near Arundel today, Ive heard that there are some down there as well, fingers crossed!

I have a gorgeous Poppy field near me... if you google Ravensthorpe poppy field ( Northants) it should bring at least a couple of images up..

edit: read title properly, may be too far away lol

I've used shothotspot before, but not had much luck with poppies using this tool. Now I always look at date of the pictures, with poppies there is no guarantee that they will be present this year. Another approach I use is to use flickr explore map view. Search for poppy etc within an area of interest and most importantly sort by recentness...

Hi Gopal
Thanks for that, seems pretty fickle trying to find 'real time' Poppy's!

Last night drove round Wherwell,Andover and over to Amesbury, then looped back via Salisbury and the a36... no poppy fields anywhere.

Heading down to Cornwall at the weekend o will keep an eye out..

Back