Pops...

Name
Obi John Mikel
Edit My Images
Yes
I was pleased with this photo despite the obvious mistake that the focus is on the hedge rather than his face. I think it looks nice, and in fact was candid although it may looked stage. Please give me your opinions, be as harsh as you like. I can take it...ahem...

3198870331_c7de66c826.jpg

You're allowed 800 pixels on the edge. Thats quite a small image.

For me he is a bit lost in the middle of the pic and I cant easily see his face. Not helped by the way the shadow and light fall. His face/head get the full light - I cant see on this monitor if it is actually blown out but it does seem very white. Whereas the shoulder is in shade and rather dark.

IMHO it would have worked much better if you were closer to the subject and, as Who says, he wasnt centred. I also agree with Who's other comments.

The foliage and sky are a bit uninteresting and i'd have cropped the bottom of the wall and feet of the table. His expression is very thoughtful and the composition does help to convey this but unfortunately dominates a bit too much for my taste.

You're allowed 800 pixels on the edge. Thats quite a small image.

For me he is a bit lost in the middle of the pic and I cant easily see his face. Not helped by the way the shadow and light fall. His face/head get the full light - I cant see on this monitor if it is actually blown out but it does seem very white. Whereas the shoulder is in shade and rather dark.

Who? has pretty much said what i thought,

also i think its a bit of a strange composition- its a photo of someone behind a wall, behind a table. The wall cuts them in two and the table is then just in the way. I know you did not stage this but as an image i think it would have worked better if the person was at the table and off-centre.

just my thoughts...:)

Sorry it doesn't work for me....

Composition is wrong and his face looks a bit blown as well.

The background trees seems to be overpowering the man.

Back