Porsche 911 C4S 991

Thanks, that might be poor camera technique on my part. I have sharpened etc and used a decent tripod. I have applied quite a lot of noise reduction so the car looks clear and not grainy

But I pressed the shutter release rather than use a cable one, which I've now bought.

Last edited:
They all seem a tad underexposed for the wheels - needs a little more detail in the shadows. No.3 is my favourite for composition but as stated is quite soft (easily tell on the reg plate). Such a beautiful car though!

I had a OTT play with No 2

o4ku.jpg

Agree fully with the above. With more of a landscape edit it works much better.
Watch your compositions, especially the 5th, I want to see wheels, not tyres.

A great way to see the difference is to add my version over yours and toggle between layers.

First I treat it as two images, the background and car. On the above image, I added a grad to both the sky and foreground, tilted it a little, and then tweaked the levels, colour and clarity. For the car I just lightened it, cloned a couple of bits, and i think it was just a tad of contrast. Adding them together using layers and erasing the bits not wanted.

I used lightroom, and PSPX3.

hope it helps

Kris

Did another one too, slightly different but the method is the same. (copied the rear wheel to the front)

Last edited:
Its really interesting to see. Yours, for my liking, has too much contrast and saturation, and it shows the softness of my image (can fix with a better camera technique for next time), but you've been processing from a web shot.

The details you've recovered from the car (wheels and air intakes) is outstanding. Something to take home from this for sure.

Nice pics and nice car.

Oah and is that The Rest and Be Thankful by any chance?

Back