Porsche 911 turbo...

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Not quite what you were expecting, although still a car with amazingly beautiful lines, which still photographed superbly (would be even better if it was someone better than me taking the shots haha), just a shame the green eyed monster in someone saw fit to take this beauty of a car away from it's owner....or the "other" possibility as to its situation....I shall let you decide for yourselves...

Spotted it out on my travels this afternoon, and as it's my dream car, I had to stop and get some shots...

Once someones pride and joy.... by steelo26581, on Flickr

Poor Porker... by steelo26581, on Flickr

I once was a 911 Turbo... by steelo26581, on Flickr

Its kept its shape really well, when my friends car was burnt out it kind of "swelled" so it looked like a golf, only a bit fatter. Odd.

Anyway, third image is my favourite, maybe its the relatively unscarred wheel against the ruined body but it just works really well, also the grey in the sky makes the whole image quite sad.

Thanks for the comments guys, wasn't too sure how well this would go down tbh.

Starastin - It certainly is a 997, i've no clue what happened, I just came across it on my travels to the Lake District, it's about 20 miles from home, at a place many a stolen car gets burnt out....although I can't imagine car thieves being sophisticated enough to steal a Porsche....maybe insurance job? Who knows....

Had a quick play with HDR toning in CS5 on photo 1....

Once someones pride and joy HDR by steelo26581, on Flickr

Indeed a sad sight for any true petrolhead :shake:
Did think the barren landscape and scene of destruction might throw up some interesting pp opportunities though
Here's my quick (and poor) effort,did like the shadow cast in this one :thinking:
5480034152eb4912c366b.jpg

the HDR ones damage my eyes ! :(

p.s. it's probably an insurance job. theft doesn't make sense in this case.

They did a pretty good job with the burnout and you did a fantastic job with the images.
Dave

Last edited:
I love 3! Its awesome! It tells so many possible stories!!
It got so hot the doors have melted!!!

I still think theft - most high performance cars are stole with keys - via a burglary or jacking.
Unusual to a find such a good car burnt out tho - they are usually stole to order. It may have been involved in a police pursuit - or worse - which has led to the thief taking no chances.....

- have you phoned your local dibble? would imagine a car like that is still being looked for..

I also love the grey sky in 3... it adds to the depressing fact such a lovely car has been destroyed.

Great photos was going to say they are calling out for a HDR conversion but now not too sure.

Thanks for the comments guys, wasn't too sure how well this would go down tbh.

Starastin - It certainly is a 997, i've no clue what happened, I just came across it on my travels to the Lake District, it's about 20 miles from home, at a place many a stolen car gets burnt out....although I can't imagine car thieves being sophisticated enough to steal a Porsche....maybe insurance job? Who knows....

I suspect this was stolen in a burglary, very common these days, they burgle someones house purely to steal the car keys, then the car.

Shame, one of my fave cars too, though I still have a real thing for the 993 turbo!

Last edited:
double post sorry!

Great photos there, I like the original shots. Not a fan of the HDR shots, although maybe a B&W scene might work??

Shame to see a nice car in such a state. Shots 1 and 3 for me. Also worth noting that it looks to be left hand drive?

Definitely not what I expected when I opened this thread, a huge shame but nice photos.

What a shame, but its made for some interesting photos.

Shame to see a nice car in such a state. Shots 1 and 3 for me. Also worth noting that it looks to be left hand drive?

Yeah it certainly was left hand drive, I didn't notice when I was there taking the photos, until a mate pointed it out to me.

Great photos there, I like the original shots. Not a fan of the HDR shots, although maybe a B&W scene might work??

Thanks...yeah i'm not a fan of HDR tbh...I may give B&W a go later

Nice Find,

My thoughts exactly, Why would someone steal it just to set fire to it?

As soon as I seen it I thought insurance job lol

Definitely not what I expected when I opened this thread, a huge shame but nice photos.

Thank you :)

What a shame, but its made for some interesting photos.

Thanks, when I was taking the photos, I wasn't sure what they'd be like, but very happy with how they turned out :)

Poor 997 :(

Great shots though, and good find!

Thank you, and I agree, poor 997!

Excellent photos, shame about the car though!

Thank you very much :)

you made that burnt out 911, look really good. The HDR shots are good too!

number 1 pic is really good like the skyline in the background.

The dark skies in your PS'd pic lend itself to the darkness of the pic. I really like it.

Pity about the car but makes for a great photo. The colours are great and help with the very 'deserted' tone of the pic.

Back