Porsche cup

Edit My Images
Yes
Afew Porsches racing at Oulton park from the BTCC finally managed to get some uploaded.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

These where taken with the 300mm with the 2xtc, using manual focus as it was too dark to get a focus lock. any good?

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Those are all the angles taken however i could upload simular images of different cars, but would that get a tad boring for my site?

C&C good or bad alway welcome.

a few more here

http://public.fotki.com/russdaz/btcc-2007/oulton-park/porsche-/

hope some enjoy

Thanks, must say i am in love with the Canon primes there unbelevable sharp from the box, and allow so much light in, you really woukdnt know how dark it was on the day from these, glad i opted to get them rather the 1D MK3 which i was toying with at the time. I am suprised at how sharp the 300mm was with the 2x tc fitted, and the manual focusing on these lenses are the easiest and fastest i have used to.

As for the processing comment it hasnt had much done. it was taken in raw then converted in CS3 where in its raw format was sharpened slightly 70% with a small crop to remove a barrier a very slight contrast boost. Then CS3 real a levels tweak to the white end of the scale. Then saved as j-peg and uploaded as a full sized image,

@ pswilles yes thats the same corner same day hoping to get some f3's, BMW's and Clios up in a bit.

@ Joe. i shall try that later.

Superb shots as ever Darren (y)

Niice work, 2nd one is a corker.

Will a 30D autofocus with an F8 lens anyway? Don't think it will...?

And exifs say 300mm not 600mm, I thought that the Canon 2x TC would report it's presence to the camera :)

Thanks Oz

Niice work, 2nd one is a corker.

Will a 30D autofocus with an F8 lens anyway? Don't think it will...?

And exifs say 300mm not 600mm, I thought that the Canon 2x TC would report it's presence to the camera :)

Dave your right in that canon say the 30d will not AF at f8, how ever in reality it will in bright light, but it does tend to hunt a tad, and pretty slow. Its fine for static images but could never accurately track a moving subject.

You are also right in that the Canon 2x tc should report its presence, but you can tape over 3 contacts so it hides itself, like most other's, like i have done. But used manual focus anyway for both reason mentioned above.

Those two are the Nickerbrook chicane and as any one that has been there would know i was the other side of the lake to get those, and as you can see from the Exif theres only a small amount of cropping. I'll take a pic of the chicane next weekend with just the 300mm from the same location.

Aha cheating! Good skills

I used my 120-300 and a 2xTC on Saturday and Sunday at Brands in the dark and rain, I can confirm I had no such focus issues with my 3rd party **** ;) LOL

Lol well Sigma is a f2.8 there cracking lenses nearly went for one but wanted the 70mm option to so got the 70-200mm, then the 2 primes cover most of focal length requirements and are a lot quicker and sharper then any zoom, but the other reason is the canon's are weather sealed. I'll either upgrade the 300mm to a f2.8 prime or go Sigma 500mm. But i think a 1series body is the next thing on my list. Think a mk2n after the bad reviews on the mk3.

I love playing with the manual focus tho at times, for example switching focus to a trailing car rather then the leading car. Just takes a bit luck as well as practice.

nice set mate manual focusing ... fair play mate. look forward to oulton :naughty:

Ta, ya got play with manual settings and focusing,

remember you'l never get it wrong, it'l just be a artistic impression lol

Seriuosly tho, its not as hard as sounds at those distances, manual close ups, are, but i generally leave it to AI for that.

I really cant wait for Oulton now, will be nice to meet up with a few of the riders again, been a long time since Snetterton.

Back