Portable Backdrop Stands/Supports - Interefit, Lencarta, other?

Name
Matt Wright
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had some great advice on here recently about studio lighting.

I know need to get the backdrop stand (and then the back drop)

In an ideal world I would like one that can go as big as 2.2m ish (high) and 3m wide - even though the majority of the time it would be setup with a smaller height and smaller width (I believe a standard paper back drop is about 1.35m). I like the idea of being able to go that wide (perhaps for family photos with several people) if possible.

Ideally it would be quick and easy to setup/dismount. I also like the look of a telescopic crossbar - for ultimate flexibility. I plan to use a paper background, or muslin (unsure on use of Vinyl....) It would also need to be sturdy and stable! (I know i'm asking a lot). Budget would be broadly £100

The two that I've narrowed it down to are the Interfit Large (with telescopic bar)
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/interfit-background-support-with-telescopic-crossbar-large-1031912/ coming in at £125

Or after some sound advice on lighting from Lencarta I believe I can get their telescopic cross bar and two of the stands - which will work (I belive - Please correct me if wrong) https://www.lencarta.com/telescopic-background-support-pole-extendable-cross-bar and https://www.lencarta.com/redline-pro-pneumatic-air-damped-light-stand coming in at about £90

I guess I am asking....
a) Does anyone have any experience with these (and how does it compare to my requirements above)
b) Any other suggestions

Thanks

Matt

I've used the Lencarta one, I haven't seen the Interfit-branded one but they look very similar.
The Lencarta one will be fine for your purpose, provided that you use with either a muslin or cotton background, not suitable IMO for vinyl - decent quality vinyl is far too heavy for it.

I've used the Lencarta one, I haven't seen the Interfit-branded one but they look very similar.
The Lencarta one will be fine for your purpose, provided that you use with either a muslin or cotton background, not suitable IMO for vinyl - decent quality vinyl is far too heavy for it.

Thanks Garry.

This might be a strange questions. But if you had the full 3m backdrop up - how much space would you actually need width wise? (Basically I’m trying to figure out how much the legs of the stands stick out further to the desired width of the crossbar)

Also is there any advantage to vinyl? (I sort of get the impression that vinyl can only be used with a mount that is fitted to a wall?

Thanks

Matt

I had the Interfit version and it seemed okay at 2.4m but I wasn't confident with at 3m so passed it to a friend who does baby/kiddy portraits. It collapsed with a 3m muslim on it!

I had the Interfit version and it seemed okay at 2.4m but I wasn't confident with at 3m so passed it to a friend who does baby/kiddy portraits. It collapsed with a 3m muslim on it!

Thanks Bob.
I’m going with the whole lots from Lencarta. They have sorted me with so older stands and saved an extra £28. So £62 for the lot - seems much more reasonable than £125 from interfit

Finding the correct back drop is always an issues. Do you have space to use a 3m wide back drop, also are you going to use in one place or you want a portable solution?

The issue with muslin is that when you fold it,it gets wrinkled, vinyl does not but is heavy, paper is another option but could get expensive.

Once you know what size you want, decide if it is going to stay open or your are going to have to put it away, this may help with material to use.

Back