Portable hard drive/Card readers.. Where what how and why?

Edit My Images
Yes
Have been asigned my first job this weekend. I am shooting Bristols Ashton Court Festival with a press pass - access all areas, have been given the mandate of back stage, all the faces and some front stage stuff. As such I have quickly looked at my memory situation and I simply do not have enough if, and thats if I shoot in RAW, which is my preferred option.

As such, thinking about a card reader. Not done any research and do not know anything.

Info welcome.(y)

Diego.

I would say, as its work ! I would feel safer knowing i could check to make sure the images were actually there before i formatted the card, so something like an epson p2000 or similar would be better !

I personally have a PD70X as the review here

IanC_UK said:
I would say, as its work ! I would feel safer knowing i could check to make sure the images were actually there before i formatted the card, so something like an epson p2000 or similar would be better !

I personally have a PD70X as the review here

Ditto Ian's sentiments ... I have the P2000 diego and honestly would not be without it for downloading, storage, viewing and discarding the dross all in one ... and it does MP3 and videos too if you want to avoid boredom between stuff ... (y)

A worthwhile investment too ... :p

The P4000 is widely available now but for the extra expense for the additional memory is not worth it for my use ... :shrug:

HTH ... :p

always fancied the flashtrax XT as an option, a lot cheaper than the epson although screen quality isn't as good by all reports

I have a 40GB Flashtrax XT and it is probably one of the smartest buys I ever made. I would have preferred the epson but they are way too expensive for me. I picked the flashtrax up from ebay, used but in mint condition. It doubles up as an oversized mp3 player or fm radio when I'm not using the camera. I'm looking into getting a 2nd battery for extended use but I have a 300w inverter permanently fitted in my car so I can always recharge it when travelling. The screen, while maybe not as good as the epsons, is however better than the small review screens on the camera. The resolution of most small lcd screens is probably not good enough to accurately judge the quality of and image but will help you to decide if the composition and sharpnes is anywhere near.

I also have a 40GB image tank as a backup unit. This doesn't last as long as the flashtrax on each charge but has the benefit of directly reading several types of memory card without the need of adapters. Ideal for the xD cards that my wife and daughters cameras use. The image tank does not allow you to view the images though.

Back