Portable Led/smooth light

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m after a decent led light preferably square what I can use handheld for wedding night shots.

any recommendations? Don’t really want to spend any more than £30 if I can

For photography, flash beats continuous every time. You just need to spend some time learning to use it properly.

If you’re charging for weddings you should have at least 2 flashguns in your bag.

And again if you’re charging; gear is an investment and you ought to be able to spend more than 1/2 hours pay on essential gear.

Sorry if all that sounds harsh, but I’d say the minimum lighting gear for weddings would be 2 Godox speedlights, an AD200, trigger, lightstand and a soft box.

For photography, flash beats continuous every time. You just need to spend some time learning to use it properly.

If you’re charging for weddings you should have at least 2 flashguns in your bag.

And again if you’re charging; gear is an investment and you ought to be able to spend more than 1/2 hours pay on essential gear.

Sorry if all that sounds harsh, but I’d say the minimum lighting gear for weddings would be 2 Godox speedlights, an AD200, trigger, lightstand and a soft box.

I have another flash Phil, at the moment my gear consists of a d600, d3400, 70-200mm f2.8 tamron VC G2, tamron 28-75mm f2.8, a sigma art 105mm F4 and a tiny 18-55mm kit lens from the d3400 which I don’t use.

I have to flashes also, just wanted something to light my subjects in the darkness kissing etc

I have another flash Phil, at the moment my gear consists of a d600, d3400, 70-200mm f2.8 tamron VC G2, tamron 28-75mm f2.8, a sigma art 105mm F4 and a tiny 18-55mm kit lens from the d3400 which I don’t use.

I have to flashes also, just wanted something to light my subjects in the darkness kissing etc
I've no interest in your gear list Damo :)
But if you already have flash, then I'd go back to my first sentence - there's nothing that LED can do for photography that flash doesn't do better.
Better colour accuracy
Brighter - for your money
doesn't make your subject squint

Flash is great -but it's not as intuitive to learn to use as continuous light which makes some people scared of it.

Back