Portable Shoot Through Brolly Grip...

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have any links to an available Flash/Brolly Grip. Something like:

As far as I can see, the one I've linked to in unavailable, and I've not managed to find anything like it yet.
I could probably make something up out of parts, but would prefer something designed for the purpose rather than a Heath Robinson affair.

I've seen this, little differant?

isn't hand held much more expensive in the long term than light stand mountable?

I've seen this, little differant?

I'm guessing that would need a c=old shoe attached to it to hold the flash and to accommodate the brolly though.
(It does show a hole in the handle, but I suspect that's not for mounting the brolly as it's not mentioned).

It's the sort of thing I would be looking at if I were making it out of parts though :)

isn't hand held much more expensive in the long term than light stand mountable?
Not sure I follow Phil.
The link I posted was to a handle that allows you to mount your flash directly to it, with a brolly mounting hole too.
Therefore hopefully making everything a bit more sturdy than if you made it out of various parts all clamped together.

More awkward to use than a light stand - yes (restricts you to one handed camera usage)
More restrictive than a light stand - yes (limited to holding it in your left hand realistically)

But more expensive I don't follow, as I already have the flash and brollys that could be used in either the hand held solution on on my existing light stands with existing cold shoes etc. Am I missing something? (I get that the kit comes with a brolly which is superflous, but you can never have too many light modifiers)

FWIW, this would be for use in public event venues that either don't allow you to bring in light stands, are too crowded to realistically carry a light stand around or where I CBA to carry a stand.

Not sure I follow Phil.
The link I posted was to a handle that allows you to mount your flash directly to it, with a brolly mounting hole too.
Therefore hopefully making everything a bit more sturdy than if you made it out of various parts all clamped together.

More awkward to use than a light stand - yes (restricts you to one handed camera usage)
More restrictive than a light stand - yes (limited to holding it in your left hand realistically)

But more expensive I don't follow, as I already have the flash and brollys that could be used in either the hand held solution on on my existing light stands with existing cold shoes etc. Am I missing something? (I get that the kit comes with a brolly which is superflous, but you can never have too many light modifiers)

FWIW, this would be for use in public event venues that either don't allow you to bring in light stands, are too crowded to realistically carry a light stand around or where I CBA to carry a stand.
It is as a (clearly bad) joke; someone holding the flash costs more than a stand.

But now I understand your use case, I suppose what I’d recommend is a short flash pole, which allows for slightly more distance between flash and camera.

Huusuei 25.5-62/62-157 cm Extension Pole Photography Flash Speedlite Stick Rod Photo Studio Microphone Boom Pole https://amzn.eu/d/2myKNzv

It is as a (clearly bad) joke; someone holding the flash costs more than a stand.

But now I understand your use case, I suppose what I’d recommend is a short flash pole, which allows for slightly more distance between flash and camera.

Huusuei 25.5-62/62-157 cm Extension Pole Photography Flash Speedlite Stick Rod Photo Studio Microphone Boom Pole https://amzn.eu/d/2myKNzv
Ah right. That'll teach me to read forums before having my morning coffee ;)
You've made me recall I have something like that pole, so I could/should jury rig something together.
I'll be bigger than I planned on, but cheaper ;)

Back