Critique Portencross pier golden hour

Nice colours but a bit too much foreground for me Steve

Reactions: ST4
I like the foreground. But for me the horizontal length of the pier is too close to the horozon Steve.
One of the few occasions when a slightly higher vantage point would have worked in your favour.

I like the foreground. But for me the horizontal length of the pier is too close to the horozon Steve.
One of the few occasions when a slightly higher vantage point would have worked in your favour.

Fair enough. Being higher would have made focusing easier, I was very close to them flowers. f18 focused at 1.5 metres. Being higher they'd have been further away

Works for me :)

I am not sure the graduation of sky works for me as I know the scene all too well. The upper right is where the sun was - it is rather dark cyan there while the left is still naturally (?) bright...

Too many things that don't work for me. Horizon too close to pier, horizon is off, dark area of sky doesn't look natural and the overall tone isn't contrasts enough. Nice that you've managed to get a shot without Arran in it though.

I like the light and detail on the foreground rocks and flowers but the flowers look a tad over exposed... looks like a difficult exposure though to be fair. The crop shows just a bit of cloud along the top which is distracting I'd prefer to see more or none at all and there's something funny going on in the colour of the sky top right corner. Sorry can't be more positive but it wouldn't make the cut for me

Used to be my favourite spot to visit when I lived down that way.

3724352977_d57b9fe62b_z.jpg

Back