Portencross.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
The new club session is just around the corner and last night, we had an informal meeting of a few of us at Portencross, Monday Meander as it's called.

This is a well known spot in Ayrshire and often photographed. The light never came, so mono it was. The sea was boiling and it was windy. This is my best of the bunch, not what I'd hoped for but just being there was good. I was actually scolding the guy when he walked out to the end of the pier but actually, I think he gives some scale, context and a little story. That's Arran in the distance.

5Div, Sigma 24-105 Art, f10, 57mm, 0.4 sec, ISO 125.

Portencross. by Dale, on Flickr

I hate that. Not the picture, I mean. :D I have to remind myself that the person has every right to be there. But yes, he does give it some scale.

Dale, for me, the chap is an absolute 'freebie bonus'. His addition gives a whole new storyline to looking across the bad weather, dark and choppy, to the hint of sunlight and potential of hope and better times in the distance. If he wasn't there, I'd ask one of your team mates to take the role. Notwithstanding, by putting my thumb over him, you still have a great image and strong pp.

@Dale. I am like @Plain Nev , I hate that. Not the picture, I think it's great, and I agree with the bloke giving something to it. I hate that you have land/seascape like that to go to of an evening. I'm jealous as hell!

Dale, for me, the chap is an absolute 'freebie bonus'. His addition gives a whole new storyline to looking across the bad weather, dark and choppy, to the hint of sunlight and potential of hope and better times in the distance. If he wasn't there, I'd ask one of your team mates to take the role. Notwithstanding, by putting my thumb over him, you still have a great image and strong pp.

@Dale. I am like @Plain Nev , I hate that. Not the picture, I think it's great, and I agree with the bloke giving something to it. I hate that you have land/seascape like that to go to of an evening. I'm jealous as hell!

Thanks chaps.

I agree about the guy walking in. I have a couple of others before he arrived and I like them but they don't have that extra twist. It's not always ideal when it happens and it can be annoying but this time I think it works.

@lindsay , we don't have to go far here for photogenic landscapes. Glencoe is barely 2 hours away and we have the coast too, just 15 minutes in the car to the nearest point. Portencross is about 30 minutes for me, by car.

The bloke on the end of the pier makes a great photograph even better in my opinion.

I often wait for people to move into a composition, willing them along to what I think will be the right spot, quite the opposite of some of the views above.

The bloke on the end of the pier makes a great photograph even better in my opinion.

I often wait for people to move into a composition, willing them along to what I think will be the right spot, quite the opposite of some of the views above.

Thanks Keith.

Back