Porthleven Storm

Amazing pictures!

Show the power of the sea and the size of the waves!

Awesome! :)

Thanks for the comments , i must admit the power of the waves was unbelievable, especially when compared to the relatively sheltered south coast where we live , walls and buildings have been washed away and there's a distinct lack of sand on some beaches which i dout will ever return ?

I like 'em both, the B&W works very well, and both really show the power of the sea..great captures.

brilliant capture...do you know someone who lives on that side of the harbour
cheers
geof

I love the power the wave in the 2nd shot conveys, however I think the composition of the first works better with the land jutting out in the centre of the scene. Amazing scenes.

Good shot..........................:clap:

brilliant capture...do you know someone who lives on that side of the harbour
cheers
geof

Hi - no - i took these from the road that leads down to the Harbour

I love the power the wave in the 2nd shot conveys, however I think the composition of the first works better with the land jutting out in the centre of the scene. Amazing scenes.

Yes - i prefer the first, i think the waves crashing from side to side of the picture provide better balance where as the second image looks unbalanced as there's too much action-less area in the L/H side - but i like the power of the wave crashing back on itself, perhaps ill have to look at re-cropping it.

Back