Porthmadog/Lleyn Peninsula?

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Off to Porthmadog in a couple of weeks. Interested in both the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways, and some trips down the Lleyn Peninsula. Any suggestions as to good locations to get decent shots of both the railways (don't mind a reasonable walk), and also any good locations on the Lleyn for landscapes, seascapes, etc?

Many Thanks,

Iain

Last edited:
Allow me to guide you? I don't know about Welsh Highland locations, but I know plenty of obscure FR locations which aren't filled with self important sandal wearing anoraks in the way constantly...I also live on Pen Llyn.

Welsh Highland locations I have used are south of Beddgelert by the Glaslyn pass shoot from the road side of the river,back towards Beddgelert and walk down the riverside path and there are some good locations around the bridge.Leave Beddgelert and head towards Rhydd Ddu where you can get shots from the road of it climbing up the valley and if you walk a short way up the Snowdon path nice shots of the station and level crossing
Finally back towards Porthmadog from Beddgelert and follow the signs to Pont Croesor where you get nice shots crossing the river bridge

5919548006_2b3643b8dc_o.jpg

4606829296_d7b622d883_o.jpg

7487682670_59339269e9_o.jpg

6559351293_59ef115300_o.jpg

Back